Hydration pack

archer4
archer4 Posts: 86
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
Hi,
Im looking to buy a hydration pack and before i went to buy one i wanted to make sure, when i do DH and do jumps will it be jumpin around or anything?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not much as the waist and chest straps hold them fairly well.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • archer4
    archer4 Posts: 86
    okay thanks any suggest on shops to look in for them?
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    Everywhere does them. I've only used Camelbak and, with a few exceptions, have been very satisfied :)
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I use one from TK maxx put into a section of my rucksack leaving the rest of it free for other stuff, 2.5L for £5.99.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Big Shoes
    Big Shoes Posts: 131
    Got mine from TK Maxx too, £14.99, and it holds everything i need, it has phone pocket, helmet strap, key strap and loads of different sized pockets inside, it is better than other makes costing 3 x the amount.
    Full Susser - GT I-Drive XCR 5

Hardtail - GT Aggressor XC 2

Road Bike - GT GTR Series 4
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    even the large Tescos have them now - about £10 IIRC
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • kopite1979
    kopite1979 Posts: 443
    dakine nomad for me... lovin everything about it
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    I bought a rockrider bag from decathalon, i think it was about £20. It looks good, has a 2 litre bladder and plenty of space inside.

Is you adjust the waist and chest straps it wont jump about.
  • Grimy
    Grimy Posts: 111
    I have a decathelon forclaz 30. Its comparable to a camelback hawg for size, but it can shrink down very small and thin by pulling up the lugage straps. Its got shed loads of pockets to keep your shizle tiddy, and can be expanded to fit all your armour in for the ride up the mountain if you wish. Its extreamly comfortable, dosent move about, provides superb breathing for your back, and is half the price of a hawg, and I'd say better looking and better built too.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/forclaz-30-air-3230782/#

You have to buy the QUECHUA bladder seperate but thats only about £7 in store for a 2.5 littre one. And yes the forclaz 30 bag has an internal pocket for the bladder, and all the relevent holes and clips.

If you want a good size bag but still light and shrinkable, cant go wrong!
  • Flenser
    Flenser Posts: 372
    Army surplus Camelbak here, got it brand new for free from a mate so can't complain... and it comes in trendy DPM. :lol:
    Claud Bulter Cape Wrath D27 (2009)
    Raleigh MaxLite FS1 (2001)
  • Airienteer
    Airienteer Posts: 695
    TESCOOO!!
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Bought a Camelbak Lobo last week and I am very pleased with it, great fit and very secure. I have never had a hydration pack before and was quite worried about riding with one on and the feeling it would give - I am amazed at how comfortable the pack is :)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • thatscold
    thatscold Posts: 50
    Costco are selling a High sierra one very similar to this http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330288
    £16 inc Vat, which is a bargin
  • Try the Deuter gear - see here http://www.deutergb.co.uk/products/all/Bike/All_Bike/

Not as well known as some of the other big brands but believe me the kit is top notch quality and very well thought out, they do all sorts of bike backpacks in all shapes and sizes which all accept a 1/2/3 litre bladder.

Well worth a look.
    GT Aggressor XCR