Pananracer Pasela which direction?

Ridg
Ridg Posts: 98
edited June 2009 in The workshop
hopefully a simple question for someone to answer, i bought a set of these for my HT to use for commuting until i get a proper road bike.

my problem is i'm not quite sure which way round they should go as i can't find a directional arrow anywhere on the tyre wall.

cheers!

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Looking at the picture on Wiggle, it looks like the tread should point forward.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Ridg
    that's what i thought and how i've got them on the front wheel, but to me it makes more sense to have them pointing the other way on the rear, so that the wider part pushes back and then rolls off :?
  • cjcp
    Oh. I thought the idea was to provide a means of dispersing the water from the centre of the tyre out/back.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Ridg
    cjcp wrote:
    Oh. I thought the idea was to provide a means of dispersing the water from the centre of the tyre out/back.

that would make sense, and it's the same way that directional car tyres point :oops:
  • cjcp
    Don't worry - I'm the first one to search frantically for the arrow.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Ridg
    well thanks for your help, will get the rear swapped round and see if it makes any odds to my journey time lol
  • scherrit
    scherrit Posts: 360
    Don't sweat it too much, unless the surface you're riding on is soft enough for the tyres to press into it, then the tread pattern, direction or complete absence of tread will have no effect on how the tyre performs.
    I think it's covered in the book of Sheldon, chapter 7 verse 3.
    Cheers,
    Scherrit.
    www.thebikewhisperer.co.uk
    If you're as fat as me, all bikes are bendy.