Rockrider 5.2

scoobywrx
scoobywrx Posts: 111
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
I bought a Rockrider 5.2 for my wife last month from decathlon. Im just a little curious why you don't get any manual or leaflets about the bike regarding maintenance, care etc. Even with a kids toy for a fiver you get an instruction book the size of the Burj Dubai.

One question thats come to mind....the front shocks, they have some twidly bits at the top. What are these for......oil??
kendoddsdadsdogsdead

Comments

• bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    manuals are all available on line these days, so I suppose tehy don't want to waste papaer / money on printing....

The knobs on your forks probably one or more of the following;

Preload - preloads the spring
    Compression damping - dampens the compression (fork compresses more slowly, so "dives" less). On some forks, turning this all the way will effectively lock the fork.
    Rebound damping - Fork returns to full length more slowly so be less "springy"

If there's a dust cap on top (or bottom) of one of the legs, this probably has the air chamber valve underneath it. This is to adjust the air pressure in the fork. You're best with proper shock pump for this and the pressure will be listed in the manual, based upon your loved one's body weight (best just give her the pump and point her to the graph, she can do it herself; asking girls to shout out their weight I have always found to end in a no-win situation :oops: )

but for manuals, head to the manufaturer's sites on the interwebs, they should tell all. I assume the fork is not a Decathlon own brand one but either RockShox, Fox, Magura or Suntour etc?
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    scoobywrx wrote:
    I bought a Rockrider 5.2 for my wife last month from decathlon. Im just a little curious why you don't get any manual or leaflets about the bike regarding maintenance, care etc. Even with a kids toy for a fiver you get an instruction book the size of the Burj Dubai.

One question thats come to mind....the front shocks, they have some twidly bits at the top. What are these for......oil??

go back and ask them i got one with my 6.3 you need it for its 1st free service stamp.
    mine was cable tyed to the frame