Sunny ride in the Peaks or Dales this afternoon!

elPedro666
elPedro666 Posts: 1,060
edited June 2009 in MTB rides
Sod this - soon as I've rebuilt my back hub & had some scoff I'm off to the Peaks (could be tempted to the Dales but I don't know any routes).

15-20miles, 3-4hrs up & downy roundy roundy at a guess, anyone fancy it?

Pete.
WTD:
Green Halo TwinRail
25.0mm-26.2mm seatpost shim
Red X-Lite bling
Specialized ladies BG saddle (white?) 155mm
RH thumbie
700x28c CX tyres&tubs
Flatbars 620mm 25,4mm & swept, ti in an ideal world

Comments

• fh6162
    fh6162 Posts: 3
    Mate,
    I'm from "Orstaylia" and will be over in England from mid June, I'm also looking for someone to show me a couple of long rides either around Peak district or the Dales, I'll be travelling from Norwich, so they need to be long enough to make the trip worth while.
  • elPedro666
    Flinkin blip, an Orsy who can spell!

Not sure I'm fit enough myself at the moment, but guess I've got a couple of weeks... How long are you thinking of? Sure there's a lot of people on here better qualified than me (not long moved up here) but I could definately show you a few belting trails.

Maybe a few folks off here could get together for a day in late June... Think I'd better start another thread. Tomorrow though!
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    Red X-Lite bling
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    alright pedro, how did your ride go? would have loved to hit the trails today, great conditions! however were expecting our second baby (due date saturday!!!) so im on standby!!
    should def get a few of us together for a blast
    fh6162 - let us know when your over and will try and sort something out for you
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • elPedro666
    Had a belter, excluding the head-first excursion off the side of Mam Tor; managed to drop about 4 meters head first through a gorse thicket and pick up hundreds (literally) of teeny-tiny splinters in my fingertips so everything I try to do is now horribly painful! The thirty-odd in my left thumb are worst... :evil:

Ahh, feel better for a moan! New forks & brakes got a good 'bedding in' dropping down Rushup to Edale - hadn't done that before & the tracks in an awful state, quite exciting and seemed to go on & on, ace!

Was hoping to go back yesterday & do Cut Gate in the dry :shock: but bloomin' work called last minute, pants!

Was thinking a bit of a get together could be funny - if only for the variety of styles/bikes/kit that likely to show up!

Good luck with the nipper - when you need a break start a ride thread! :lol::lol::lol:
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    Red X-Lite bling
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
  • gaz047
    glad you had a goodun pedro (except for the headfirst excursion of course! have you got all the splinters out yet!!)
    sounds like you did chapelgate to get to edale, great fun :D !!
    which brakes and forks did you go for?
    shame about cutgate, its a good blast in the dry.
    agree about the get together, reckon it'd be quality, might even become a regular thing!! 8)
    still no sign of the nipper, due date tomorow. will post a ride thread when i get a leave pass from the long haired general :lol:
  • elPedro666
    Had a look at the map walking round there today; it was Chapelgate - what a state it's in! Hope it doesn't get fixed anytime soon though... :twisted:
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    Red X-Lite bling
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
  • gaz047
    yeah fingers crossed mate. still no sign of the nipper yet!!!!