First Tour - Bordeaux to Barcalona Advice

lakitu
lakitu Posts: 9
edited June 2009 in Tour & expedition
Hi everyone,

I will be completing my first tour from Bordeaux to Barcalona this August on my Bianchi C2C Via Nirone with my brother and his mate.

Does anyone know if this bike can take panniers? I would appreciate if anyone could give me ideas or link to a list of essentials I may need on this 12 day trip.

I will be camping so will need to carry a one man tent and sleeping bag. I would for obvious reasons like to travel as light as possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Has it got eyelets for panniers? From the looks of pictures online i would say it's probably not up to touring if you plan on carrying equipment on you.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    There are plenty of expensive, lightweight solo tents but the best budget one is the Gelert Solo.
    On the plus side
    waterproof
    small
    lightweight
    very cheap
    On the minus
    pitches inner first
    No headroom
    limited storage
    fibre glass poles need can split at the most stressed joints (so reinforce with ductape)
    steel pegs need replacing with Al (the angle cross-section are best)

A Vango 3/4 length inflatable mat is a good match.
  • One 3 man tent will weigh less than three 1-man tents - can you do that? You need to check what you're each carrying to avoid duplication. How many cooking pots/knives/corkscrews/bike tools etc do you need between three?
    Alpkit do some good value lightweight stuff - sleeping bags etc.