Vladimir Karpets

volvine
volvine Posts: 409
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Anyone know if he is riding in The TDF??????????????????

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Katusha are invited, and he is Russian, so I would imagine so.
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    Putin and Kutusha want a russian tour winner so he'll probly be there big hope :wink:

last couple of years hes done alright but just sort of climbed the mountains at his own pace behind GC contenders
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Most other years, he'd have a springtime flurry of great rides in the Spanish one-weekers. I haven't noticed that this year (not that I've checked that hard). Is it time for Procycling to put him on the milk carton so he can storm back to success withing two weeks of publication?
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    he finished on the podium in Romandie... Wait to see how he performs oin the TdS
    www.dotcycling.com
  • volvine
    volvine Posts: 409
    he has dissapointed in the last few years after a steady rise in GC after he won the Young rider jersey they tried something different in his last attempt by giving him just one major tour to concentrate on this didn't work so i wait in hope he performs at this years tour (if there) as he is one of my favorite riders but agree with previous post he is capable of climbing a lot better and he certainly needs to if he is to compete for the overall i just hope his team are strong enough but i don't know. :)
  • lucybears
    lucybears Posts: 366
    Colom y Karpets serán los líderes del Katusha en el Tour
    http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/no ... p?id=13185

TEAM KATUSHA 9 from
    BOTCHAROV Alexandre
    COLOM MAS Antonio
    HORRACH RIPPOLL Joan
    IVANOV Serguei
    KARPETS Vladimir
    PETROV Evgeni
    POZZATO Filippo
    STEEGMANS Gert
    TRUSSOV Nikolai
    VANDENBERGH
    http://startlist.cyclingfever.com/start ... t&id=19118
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    drenkrom wrote:
    Most other years, he'd have a springtime flurry of great rides in the Spanish one-weekers. I haven't noticed that this year (not that I've checked that hard). Is it time for Procycling to put him on the milk carton so he can storm back to success withing two weeks of publication?

That milk carton is hilarious. I particularly liked the time htey chastised a guy with a broken leg for his lack of results.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent