Carrera Virtuoso

Airienteer
Airienteer Posts: 695
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
I was previously looking at a Muddy Fox Milano before I saw the review for the Carrera. However on the Halfords website it says a large is a 51cm frame. Is this correct as it seems awfully small for a large. Thanks

Comments

• FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    The frame sizes of the Carrera range bare no resemblance to "normal" frame sizes as it ha a compact frame. IIRC the Large is the equivalent of about a 58 or 60 cm.
  • Airienteer
    Ahh OK. Thanks very much. Aother bike I was looking at was the Muddy Fox MIlano. http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... d-09-34648

Is this also a compact frame or do normal sizes apply?
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    The virtuoso Large fits more like a 56-58. For some reason they don't have an XL size.

The muddy fox is also a compact frame.
  • Airienteer
    So If I'm 5'11" with a 33" inside leg should I go for the 56cm or the 53cm Muddy Fox. I presume I'd need the large Carrera. Thanks for all the help so far :)
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Hard to say, it might be the 53 or the 56, is there anywhere that shows the dimensions of the milano?
  • Airienteer
    Infamous wrote:
    Hard to say, it might be the 53 or the 56, is there anywhere that shows the dimensions of the milano?

No I looked and couldn't find a sizing chart or a diagram with dimensions on it. The BikeRadar review has some measurements when you click on full spec, but it doesn't say for what size frame these are for.
  • cm59
    cm59 Posts: 51
    hi i own a carrera virtuoso im 5 11 with a 32.5 inside leg and the large is fine with the seat slightly forward its a good bike for the money would reccomend