Wyre Forest CRC 14/06/09

apriliarider
apriliarider Posts: 222
edited June 2009 in Amateur race
Hi all,

Have entered this as first "real" road race CAT 2,3,4 - done a couple of TLI in Cheshire but half the distance !!

Anybody else doing it and got any details of course etc

Cheers

Martin

Comments

• BigDarbs
    BigDarbs Posts: 132
    Although I am not racing in it, (mainly because I am a 1st year 4th cat, and a 70 mile race with 2nd cats will be a very tough one!) I believe the course is 5 anti-clockwise laps of the KC22/14 circuit. have a look here, the map at the top of the page is the circuit.

http://www.wyreforestcrc.org.uk/index.php?p=57

It is an undulating course that I know very well as it is one of my regular training routes. Wyre Forest CRC use this as a time trial route for the club events. It is all fairly wide, 2 way road, relatively well surfaced, with some steady climbs of 1/4 - 1/2 mile in length, but nothing too extreme.

I am not sure where the finish is for this race, but if it is in the usual place it is a long steady gradient to the line, about 200 yards before the B4194 meets the A451 at the crossroads.

Hope that helps
  • apriliarider
    apriliarider Posts: 222
    Cheers for the reply

Looks like it may be an early bath then !!!!

Cheers

Martin
  • If you've entered that for your first race, you've chosen a tough one!
    That's a hard circuit.

Of all the times I've raced there the winning move nearly always goes on the Stourport to Gt Witley road. There's a sort of two stage climb followed by a long drag. Make sure you're up near the front on that.

Likewise around the back of the circuit where you cross "Dick Brook" a couple of miles before Astley Cross. There's a long fast descent onto a climb. It's not steep, but as the leading riders get onto it and slow down it causes problems for the riders behind. Stay near the front.

Having said that, it's a great circuit, and the whole section from the Hundred House to Dick Brook is a blast to ride. Plus the finish is a wide safe one.

Have a good 'un.

SB