Which sunglasses?

torin
torin Posts: 102
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi
Do any of you lot have any recommendations on which sunglasses are the best?
I'm intrested in buying some new sunglasses under the £100 mark and dont really have a clue which ones to get! i do a fair bit of riding and a lot of people recommend the obvious companies like oakley and rudy project but which are the best?
I've seen some oakley half jackets with 3 sets of lenses for ninety but still really like the m-frame style and really like the colourful lenses especialy the blue ones.

Thanks
T

Comments

• FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    Half Jackets vs M Frames:

Do you want to wear the glasses for other things, if so avoid looking like an android and get the Half Jackets (XLJ lenses are better for cycling I reckon), if not then the M Frames. I have both and they are excellent.

Generally the arrays (set of three lenses) come with a boring colour as the main shade IIRC. I am a big fan of the Ice Iridium lenses (blue) and if you like them, unless you plan to ride when it is dark/nearly dark, get the blue lenses for the time being as it is daylight from about 5am until 9pm and within 3 weeks that will be 4am 'til 10pm. In the autumn buy the other lenses you need.

My to penneth.
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    You could have a look at this thread for more info
  • muchalls
    muchalls Posts: 87
    Yep: started with Half jackets plain lenses, lost them & got XLJ but also M frames: Half jackets good all round, M frames best kept for the bike
  • beetle1
    beetle1 Posts: 189
    Hi, for what my imput is worth I cannot fault Oakley Radar's. I have three pairs, I know its a bit much but they really are superb.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Radars are good.
    Rich
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Unless you're riding abroad in the next week "sunnies" will be surplus to requirement. :cry:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • gcaster
    gcaster Posts: 152
    +1 For Radars

I have the Lance Armstrong ones and they are fit, fact!
    Great for cycling as well as for general use.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Specialized helix adaptalites.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    Just changed from M-Frames to Radars. Well impressed!
  • beetle1
    Hi torin, just thought i would let you know that i am thinking about selling a brand new pair of Oakley Radar polished aluminium (fmj), they are completely unused in vault, spare nose piece warranty card etc as per these.

http://www.grandprixlegends.com/legends ... idium.html

can send you pics if you want, just contact me at vikki1046@fsmail.net or pm.
  • beetle1
    Just thought i would say............................
    I may sell a pair of my Radars, they are brand new, never worn and they are the full metal jacket version or polished aluminium as per these

http://www.grandprixlegends.com/legends ... idium.html

give a shout on vikki1046@fsmail.net