Cateye Strada Cadence Cycle Computer

cluke92
cluke92 Posts: 29
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
I am looking at getting a cycle computer for my bike and have been looking at the Cateye Strada Cadence Cycle Computer. Is this completely wired or is it just the cadence sensor that is wired.

Could anyone also recommend any other computers. I have considered the Cateye wireless (without cadence) as not sure if I really need the canence sensor as I am just starting. what are your opinions?

Comments

• boneyjoe
    boneyjoe Posts: 369
    I've had a couple of Cateye compos, and they are very very good. If you're just starting, go for a basic model with speed, distance etc, and leave cadence until you turn pro (like me :D ). Mine are both wireless and work great, though you do have to buy batteries for the sensors every six months or so.
    Scott Scale 20 (for xc racing)
    Gary Fisher HKEK (for commuting)
  • FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    It is completely wired.

Whilst you are a beginner, I would say get it with cadence if you have the money.

I have had cadence from the moment I got my road bike and it is the one thing I look at more than anything else. I find it really helps me keep my speed up just trying to stick to a target zone of cadence.

If you have it and don't use it then apart froma few extra quid nothing is lost, on the other hand if you don't have it you can never try it. I guess ultimately cost is the main issue.
  • torin
    torin Posts: 102
    Cateye strada double wireless is brilliant
    Its just the strada cadence with no wires in black
    Available from wiggle
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    seriously considering buying one, but need to know if it can it be mounted on the stem?
  • fidbod
    fidbod Posts: 317
    Yep - it can be mounted stem or handlebars