ZipVit

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited June 2009 in Road buying advice
ZipVit currently have a BOGOF offer on their cycle training drinks.

Anyone here use them and if so what are they like?

I currently use Torq but could be prepared to swap.

I got my sample box yesterday but won't be able to try it out for a couple of days.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I had one of their recovery drinks today from my magic box, very good indeed! I will try one of their energy drinks tomoz.
  • NWLondoner
    Anyone going to get another box sent to another address so to get another Cervelo bottle :twisted: :twisted:
  • hazychris
    hazychris Posts: 202
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I had one of their recovery drinks today from my magic box, very good indeed! I will try one of their energy drinks tomoz.

Have to say, I tried the blackcurrant drink and hated it! Back to PSP GO lemon for me!
  • Anonymous
    I normally use GO...

It will have to be very good to be better than that...
  • huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    I found the fruit punch flavour horrible, especially when your drink gets warm after a few hours in the sun. The recovery drink is quite nice though. Best thing are the bars and gels, best I've ever had and well worth it.
  • hazychris
    hazychris Posts: 202
    huggy wrote:
    Best thing are the bars and gels, best I've ever had and well worth it.

I did like the chocolate orange recovery bar - didn't make me feel sick and the flavour was not bad at all.
  • Having never really got on with energy drink I have to say I LOVE zipvit. The fruit punch is lovely and il definately be ordering more when my current tubs run out. The lemon flavour is rank though, it tastes really malty and quite wrong. The fruit punch tastes like squash, great for those with a sweet tooth.

Top company and top products (not to mention price) imo.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    I didn't like any of them. Too weakly flavoured for me. The energy gel, energy & recovery bars I found great - particularly the recovery bar - much preferred it to most bars of chocolate I've had.
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    The chocolate recovery drink tastes rank! But definitely the most effective recovery drink I've tried so it must be doing its job.

Summer fruits flavour energy elite drink is my preference. The orange flavour has a nasty texture like it won't disolve properly. Good energy drink though, certainly seems to work well :)
    Shazam !!
  • 8can
    8can Posts: 34
    i got some of the fruit punch to try.

i think it tastes like diluted red bull. surprisingly good i think, i used to use the Torq stuff.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Mine's just turned up in the post - will give it a try at the weekend.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    wife just sent text to say now what have you been ordering. It's apparently packed by Rose for my good health!

Looking at the weather forecast I'll be needing the bigger bottle over the weekend, and probably all the comestibles.

Anyway, it was free!
  • schlonger
    schlonger Posts: 4
    Can anyone repost the link for the Magic Box £4 ish deal?

I can't seem to find it on here :oops:

Cheers!
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    Would like to give it a try too.
  • Energy drinks were horrible, the flavours were 'interesting' and too weak even if they had been palateable! Recovery drinks were very good, as were both bars, but the gel was so thick it was like eating glue, horrible stuff! IMHO you can't beat High5 Energy gels - great flavour and texture!

exercise.png
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    hazychris wrote:

I did like the chocolate orange recovery bar - didn't make me feel sick and the flavour was not bad at all.

+1 on the recovery bar, it was lovely.

I have the energy bar to eat on the way home from work tonight to help with my bike/run brick...... aka avoidance technique for giving up on the run so I can have some dinner :lol:

I compared the figures for energy with Go gels, and I have to say the Zipvit ones seemed to a third extra content (kj and cals).

I lost one of my 750ml SIS bottles at the weekend so I'm going to have another box delivered to my Mum's. I have my "carefully packed by Mildred" sticker on my desk divider at work :lol:
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Mine was from 'Rose' :)

I found the recovery drink disgusting, it was like really watered down hot chocolate but the bars are quit nice IMO.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    +1 on the chocolate recovery bar. yum.

I, too, didn't like the chocolate recovery drink (normally a ReGOer) but have since bought the vanilla flavour on BOGOF, which I do like.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • schlonger
    schlonger Posts: 4
    Thanks Slow Downcp!
  • torin
    torin Posts: 102
    the chocolate recovery drink was awful! I wander whether you should add milk not water ,as it tastes like it should have been a milkshake
    i just read the unstructions for once and ended up spitting it alll out and got rid of it
    the bars are nice though
  • Biscuiteer
    Biscuiteer Posts: 143
    torin wrote:
    the chocolate recovery drink was awful! I wander whether you should add milk not water ,as it tastes like it should have been a milkshake
    i just read the unstructions for once and ended up spitting it alll out and got rid of it
    the bars are nice though

I thought that all the SIS recovery drinks were ick until I started mixing them with milk instead of water. I'm still not sure if all that expensive, hi-tech recovery goodness is supposed to be mixed with low-tech cow juice though?
  • simmo3801
    simmo3801 Posts: 486
    hi-tech recovery goodness is supposed to be mixed with low-tech cow juice though?

Don't knock the low tech cow juice, best recovery drink I've had mixed with chocolate Nesquik!!!!!!!!
    Giant Anthem X3 2013
  • hotspur
    hotspur Posts: 92
    NapoleonD wrote:

I thought that the choco orange bar was nice also.

I also enjoyed the recovery drink....
    If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Follow Darts? Follow the Modus Darts team

http://www.modusdartsforum.com
  • NWLondoner
    I tried both the gel and recovery today.

The gel was HORRIBLE but my god did I fly around Richmond Park :shock:

The recovery tastes just like SIS rapid Rego.
  • Anonymous
    I had the fruit punch drink today and managed 2.5hrs of very lumpy hills on just that. It tasted ace! Like jelly beans did when I was a kid. I tok out the energy bar in case I needed it but didn't just drank. Very impressed. I normally use SIS Go which I also like. Zipvit may get some money from me for this.

When I got back I had the chocolate orange recovery bar, again, very nice indeed. I've tried a few over the years and some taste foul and others are like eating a piece of carpet.

I don't normally buy recovery bars due to the price but I may be tempted...
  • NWLondoner
    Just one thing. The Bottle does not fit snug in my Planet X Carbon bottle holder. When i hit a couple of pot holes the damn thing flew up and almost fell out. Almost came a cropper because of that.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    NWLondoner wrote:
    Just one thing. The Bottle does not fit snug in my Planet X Carbon bottle holder. When i hit a couple of pot holes the damn thing flew up and almost fell out. Almost came a cropper because of that.

Same bottle and cage here and no problems at all with this combo. I've 4 of those cages between 2 bikes and not had any problems with the bottle in any of the cages. The bottle got a good run out today and was in both cages at one stage or another and no probs.
  • agree with you napoleon d, i cant get enough fruit punch, find it works a treat and im happy to guzzle it. also, when comparing with high5 etc, you just cant knock they are doing two whole vats of the stuff for £23!
  • Anonymous
    Just ordered 38 gallons of fruit punch drink and some chamois cream. :)