La Vie Claire fans

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited June 2009 in Pro race
The jersey is now in stock at Prendas

http://prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=2239

And they even have decent sizes that I could wear! Result.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    I'll be ordering one, but not sure about getting a matching cap, really needs to be a fleecy headband!
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    I see Prendas also have original 1980's long sleeve Tour de France combined jerseys - complete with chic 80s hood! <hoodie cyclist> whateva' <hoodie cyclist>

If they were to do a modern replica in short sleeves without the hood I would go for it.
  • Arriving by post tomorrow morning...surely the coolest jersey of recent years...?
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think i have my original one in the loft !
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    mines on its way!! :D

ive still got my original but its a bit tattered as i got hit by a car when out wearing it! also its a bit tight! :(

i also had a look/la vie claire wool training hat- i wish they would reissue those?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • For the full setup you do need both the headband as suggested by greasedscotsman and also flourescent oversized cycling glasses/visor/goggles.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    For eye wear you need either Hinault style aviators or some retro Oakley Eyeshades:

FactoryPilotEyeshades_SeafoamGreen_Grey.jpg

...or just a steely glare.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Yum.... wonder what the Sinchi jackets are like, practicality-wise? Would they breathe at all?

Strava is not Zen.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    St rip off.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    don key wrote:
    St rip off.

S'funny, I would have rated Prendas quite highly as a shop that responds to its customers' wants and produces goods at reasonable price. Unlike some other shops that seem to base their business model on intensive advertising and PR to invent a market which they then exploit.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    You don't have to buy it, I won't. But Mick at Prendas is a nice guy.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Don't worry, the fanboys all rushed out and bought Astana kit and are now really pi$$ed they're gonna have to buy something else for July. Gotta admit that Jean-Francois with the big fleecy headband and the Oakley Eyeshades was the height of cool in 1988 - my combined top got trashed in a crash circa 1991.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Still have my original combined top at home in a drawer - not sure why, it's about 3 sizes too small now :oops:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    I used to love that combined top!!! Memories of my 1st TdF and falling in love with cycling....1987. Jeff going up ventoux in that top............I'm getting all misty eyed!

I have loads of Prendas retro gear, and it is excellent quality. You can do a lot worse than the Santini SMS the clothing is made from
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Their retro caquettes are a joy too, they usually have some awesome stuff squirrelled away in a back room somewhere too, Agu chamois cream springs to mind. Always take the time on the phone to get your sizing right too.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    it came today-less than 24hrs after ordering- its ace and so are prendas :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • 531c, chrome forks and an embarrassing photo taken by my mum in 1987

n665390383_1493386_4367.jpg
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Yes that is brilliant! Very euro.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    I only wear mine on occasions in the winter under me winter jacket, over 20 years old, in the bottom drawer, still fits though.

Dont think I could wear it in the summer, bit too loud but at the time wore it everyday 8)
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    That jersey is great - though I had Super U jersey instead owing to a dislike of Lemond (have far more time for him off the bike than I had for him as a rider).

Maybe now is the time to right the wrong :wink:
  • Just ordered one of these bad-boys today....

PICT0474-1.jpg
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens