lapierre froggy 318

clint29
clint29 Posts: 224
edited September 2010 in MTB general
bought one today to replace my coiler dee lux anyone else have one?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    pics or it didnt happen.
  • clint29
    ha ha not got a camera phone will have to sort one out! bought it from we love lapierre in hull today not even been on it yet!!!!!!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    very cool looking bikes. will look forward to some pics at some point :lol:
  • clint29
    very cool looking bikes. will look forward to some pics at some point :lol:
    might buy a digital camera in the morning it looks ten times better in the flesh 8)
  • tompug
    tompug Posts: 227
    My bro loved the froggy at Dalby demo day. He said it was better than anything else on test. His only gripe was the high rrp/ poor components.
  • zero303
    zero303 Posts: 1,162
    My only gripe was the amount of terrain and gravity it needs to be any fun. Can't really see where this bike would much good in the UK - belongs in Alps... that said, it would probably make a good UK downhill bike as you could genuinely cyclign it rather than push back up. Climbs really well given it's hulk.

The skyline descent which is where I demoed it was like rolling down the pavement and I was bored to tears on an otherwise fun descent.
  • papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    depending how well it rides the ups, then I'd be tempted to take it to some of the more gnarly routes in the peaks\lakes\snowdonia rather then a trail centre..or buy a ticket out to the alps and lift assited goodness
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    zero303 wrote:
    My only gripe was the amount of terrain and gravity it needs to be any fun. Can't really see where this bike would much good in the UK - belongs in Alps... that said, it would probably make a good UK downhill bike as you could genuinely cyclign it rather than push back up. Climbs really well given it's hulk.

The skyline descent which is where I demoed it was like rolling down the pavement and I was bored to tears on an otherwise fun descent.

Hang on..

Metas were too hard to ride which made them no fun. Riding your Five you felt like you were cheating compared to your friends on them!

Froggys are too easy to ride which makes them no fun!

Sounds like a thin line you're on there :P
  • zero303
    zero303 Posts: 1,162
    Na na na, the Froggy is a 7" bike and they were getting us to ride down Skyline.

It was simply too capable! I was being somewhat facetious! :P
  • clint29
    it will be used for trail riding in the peaks cut gate/jacobs ladder 8) here it is ready for it's maiden voyage in the morning
    SDC10002.jpg
  • skulpture
    skulpture Posts: 86
    Niceeeeeeeeee... So, how are you finding the bike?

Pro's vs Con's?
  • skulpture
    skulpture Posts: 86

Pro's vs Con's?
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    that looks very nice. gotta love those lapierres, i want 1
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    :shock:

How much travel? lol
  • clint29
    skulpture wrote:

Pro's vs Con's?
    Very happy with the bike 8)
    Pro's
    will handle anything you throw at it
    very good looking bike
    yet to see another one on the trails
    super plush travel easy to set up with the sag guide
    Con's
    weight although it's no heavier than my old coiler dee lux and i use it for general trail riding
    i work on the basis if it's harder to pedal uphill it is just going to make me fitter in the long run 8)
    I bought it from we love lapierre in hull very friendly non pushy staff i tried a spicy but at 17 stones it felt a bit flimsy compared to the froggy.I also looked at the treks but i'm not keen on air shocks :wink:
  • clint29
    forgot to add i use this mainly around cut gate jacobs ladder and ladybower in the peaks
    and i can ride up most of the hills no problems mainly let down on the fitness side if it is too steep :cry:
  • mellex
    mellex Posts: 214
    That is one nice ride. Wish I could justify owning a bike like that.
  • so sweet, if only i had the money...
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Yup the Lapierres do it for me everytime..... :shock:
  • lovely looking bike!!!

was dribbling over the lapierres in my lbs earlier today!

one day i will own one!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    It's a lovely looking bike - dare i suggest that it's meant to be a freeride bike though, and for general trail riding a Zesty or Spicy might have been more suited? :twisted:
  • zero303 wrote:

I don't buy this "too much bike" argument. If you were bored to tears why not just ride faster?
  • clint29
    grumsta wrote:
    It's a lovely looking bike - dare i suggest that it's meant to be a freeride bike though, and for general trail riding a Zesty or Spicy might have been more suited? :twisted:
    I'm a big lad at 17 stone and i had a ride on a Spicy before i bought the Froggy. I really don't think the Spicy would have stood up to the rides i do with my weight on it! As i was riding a coiler dee lux before the weight was'nt too much of a concern and i know the frame will last :wink: if i weighed around the 12-13 stone mark then i would have bought the spicy
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    good looking bikes, even the wife said she liked the look of it! (in my mind that translates to "of course you can buy another bike, make sure its one of those!"
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bregante
    bregante Posts: 271
    VWSurfbum wrote:
    even the wife said she liked the look of it! (in my mind that translates to "of course you can buy another bike, make sure its one of those!"

Hehe... that's exactly how I read it too :lol:
  • Thinking about getting Froggy 318.. but its sooo close to SX trail money im not sure which to choose. Any honest bad points about the bike eg lack of pro pedal on the rear shock or any of the finishing kit not up to scratch?

Tom
  • clint29
    chapers13 wrote:
    Thinking about getting Froggy 318.. but its sooo close to SX trail money im not sure which to choose. Any honest bad points about the bike eg lack of pro pedal on the rear shock or any of the finishing kit not up to scratch?

Tom
    My coiler dee lux had pro pedal on it and i was a bit concerned about it missing on the Froggy but have yet to find it a problem.As of yet i can't fault the bike.The finishing spec is all decent,although not high end kit,but this is not a concern for me as it all wears out eventually and will be replaced with better spec! There are way too many specialized's out on the trail's! i'd suggest riding them both to get a clearer picture.
  • I have just brought one, it arrives on Thur :D and considering ive just moved to Germany my next few months are fully booked. I plan to go Harz mountains and Winterberg does anyone know of any other must visits in Germany?
  • im thinking about buying a froggy in about 8 weeks, it will be mainly used up pen y ghent and gisburn forest (north yorks and lancs) would this be a suitable ride even with the hill climbs?if not then im getting a cube fritz.
  • clint29
    mids20 wrote:
    im thinking about buying a froggy in about 8 weeks, it will be mainly used up pen y ghent and gisburn forest (north yorks and lancs) would this be a suitable ride even with the hill climbs?if not then im getting a cube fritz.
    I use mine as an AM bike it goes uphill as much as it goes downhill just don't expect it to be at the front unless your super fit? I ride all over the Peak district and have been to Coed y brenin and Dalby without any problems