on the tube.....

woodford2barbican
woodford2barbican Posts: 1,505
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
Wish I was on my bike and not stuck here with all these other people

Comments

• londonbairn
    londonbairn Posts: 316
    The thing that I hate about the tube is when someone decides they have to stare at you for the whole journey, or when someone smelly comes onboard....
  • artaxerxes
    artaxerxes Posts: 612
    Can't stand people on the tube with no spatial awareness, when they keep their humungus handbags /man bags / backpacks on or under their arm on a crowded train. So they either dig into your ribs or take up the room of an extra person :evil:
  • simon_ramsey
    simon_ramsey Posts: 116
    I think I've travelled on the tube about 4 or 5 times this year. Generally if I have a few drinks after work and it's to dangerous to wobble home. Just seems completely alien to me to want to go in a tunnel underground when it is a bright sunny day !!
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I hate the people who have no sense of space too, but from the point of view of trying to shove themselves into space where there is none, or refusing to allow someone into a space you could fit a car into.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Oh quit moaning the lot of you. There'll be a tube strike in the next week or so, the roads will be clogged with Sunday cyclists/drivers and maniac bus drivers. Now smile dammit :D
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Whenever I've asked directions of a londoner, they've either ignored the strange person who speaks to strangers, or provided 15 alternative routes, none of which involve walking, and at least 13 of which involve the tube.

Funny thing is, when you look on a map you find out that its about 3/4 mile, which is actually less than the vertical displacement required to use the tube.

I'm sure things got better after that trailer for Bridget Jones where she's walking across a bridge.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Oh quit moaning the lot of you. There'll be a tube strike in the next week or so, the roads will be clogged with Sunday cyclists/drivers and maniac bus drivers. Now smile dammit :D

I'm looking forward to that. It gives me a great opportunity to be unbearably smug. :D
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Cafewanda wrote:

I'm looking forward to that. It gives me a great opportunity to be unbearably smug. :D

So am I but I'm going to leave home earlier to avoid any traffic buildup :)