Who's going to Bike Radar Live?

boy on bike
boy on bike Posts: 139
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
...I booked a place on the sportive ages ago (when the cheap deal came up :wink: ) - but then was thinking I wouldn't be able to go. But now it looks as if I might after all (and after the frustration of the etape Caledonia it would be good to do a sportive that doesn't get sabotaged...)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking of popping along?

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I'll be there on the Saturday, probably coming last in the Hot Laps, and spending the rest of the day testing bikes I can't afford.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    'fraid not - can't get up there this weekend due to rowing.
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    I posted a thread asking this question and got zero replies, clearly I must smell.

I'm there doing the mincers 100km sportive, my first. any tips for a sportive virgin??
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    Aguila wrote:
    I posted a thread asking this question and got zero replies, clearly I must smell.

I'm there doing the mincers 100km sportive, my first. any tips for a sportive virgin??

It's going to be very,very hot .... take lots of fluids and take it easy :shock:

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I didn't actually realise it was on my doorstep.

Oh. I was going out for a long loop on Saturday... I may have to have a change of plans now.

Mind you, I'd only start wanting to buy stuff i can't possibly afford. :oops:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    my club were offered a marshalling job there having done the same thing at the 'Try a Bike' day at the Hillingdon circuit but we turned it down being 'well outside our manor'.

I would have liked to of gone, but I have a prior engagement riding a 100 mile TT in mid Hampshire on the Sunday :?