How do you protect your bits from attack?

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited May 2009 in MTB general
or alternatively how do you stop your wife finding out you've just bought a FSR XC Expert? :shock:
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• allthegearnoidea
    allthegearnoidea Posts: 4,077
    just hide it amongst all the shoes and bags she's recently bought and only worn once!!! :lol:
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Not a bad idea, or just make sure your garage is a mess of blokes tools and grease so she never enters it!
  • Kiwi Kranker
    Kiwi Kranker Posts: 416
    Call the hospital and get them on standby and or buy a cricket box and start praying!
    Scott Ransom 10

Stumpy FSR Comp

Wilier Izoard

1994 Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert...ahhh yesssss

'I didnt need those front teeth anyway..'
  • spongtastic
    Worst thing is that it's RED and will stick out like the preverbial. I suppose I could get some reebok stickers and tell her it cost £25?

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    that's my philosophy
    v v v v v v
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Get it really really muddy and don't clean it for at least three months. Shiny kit is a dead give away!
    Be happy, communicate happiness.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    You: "It's a gift for you for our anniversary"
    She: "I don't do mtb-ing, keep it for your self"
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Choose one colour bike and stick to it for the next one.

Not only will it make your selection a whoooole lot easier - your wife wont notice that its new.

Mine cant tell the difference between a red fixed wheel, and a full DA road bike.

Oh - dont tell your mates how you've done it if they havent the balls to try it themselves - they may well blab to your wife !
  • Liftman
    Liftman Posts: 55
    Choose one colour bike and stick to it for the next one.

Done that before and it worked a treat. Also getting it really dirty and keeping it that way works.
  • BorisSpencer
    BorisSpencer Posts: 786
    My mate stripped down is Rockhopper and gave everything a proper clean. He got a right bollokking off his missus who thought he'd been buying new bits.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    I make a point of riding my bikes . a lot. Mrs B may sound like a broken record at times but she really doesn't resent good money spent on something that gets used. To this end, I do have to make sure that I use all my bikes regularly; she's very quick to pick up on lack of use and will jump in with "you haven't used the stinky in a while, why not get rid of it?" after a month or so.

it's a delecate balancing act, but I'm sure you're up for it.
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i normally reach into my trousers, find my knackers, realise im a man and do as i please.

when the wife gobs off i beat her until i cant lift my hands then sit down for a delicious steak in front of the telly on top of which is balanced my new bike so i can perv on it for a few days.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    buy flowers
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • FSR Si
    FSR Si Posts: 147
    If she's anything like my wife just put the bike next to the hoover, She'll never notice it then :lol:
    My Rides......91 GT Talera SingleSpeed, 97 Klein pulse race, 2010 Boardman HT Pro
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    I was in trouble for my recent purchases. Okay now though but to be fair, I didn't really need a new seatpost, saddle and 2D helmet... :oops: :lol::lol:
  • i normally reach into my trousers, find my knackers, realise im a man and do as i please.

when the wife gobs off i beat her until i cant lift my hands then sit down for a delicious steak in front of the telly on top of which is balanced my new bike so i can perv on it for a few days.

And then when you wake up, yuo grovel round her and say 'sorry love'
    Be happy, communicate happiness.
  • Anonymous
    edited May 2009
    nope, my wife is fully aware she married a man.

to be fair i dont beat her but she knows i could beat her in a fight and that keeps things on an even keel, (even if strictly speaking she has beaten me up once before so i still owe her a kicking.)
  • fourcrossjohn
    fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
    tell her if she behaves she can clean it
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Eric_Cartman.gif
    "You get your b1tch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!" :lol:
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    i normally reach into my trousers, find my knackers, realise im a man and do as i please.

And then when you wake up, yuo grovel round her and say 'sorry love'

Then he comes round, realizing he's been hallucinating because she's clouted him with a rolling pin :lol:
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • spongtastic
    The long terms no problem as I'll ride the bike more than the wife.
    I'm more concerned about the initial impact. Even though she's only 5ft she knows how to punch.

• fourcrossjohn
    punch her in the ovaries?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    just tie her up.. tell its for summat fun.. then when she is properely restrained tell her you have a new bike :) problem solved
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    punch her in the ovaries?

"Falcon Punch!" :lol:
    to be fair i dont beat her but she knows i could beat her in a fight and that keeps things on an even keel, (even if strictly speaking she has beaten me up once before so i still owe her a kicking.)

GAY :wink:
  • fourcrossjohn
    'falco abortion'

congratulations rather than spending a fortune on a puke and crap machine you can now get wateva bike you want :lol:
  • Anonymous
    adb1006 wrote:

GAY :wink:

i know you are but what am i :lol:
  • ThanksBye
    ThanksBye Posts: 519
    The long terms no problem as I'll ride the bike more than the wife.

Lol
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I don't have this problem.....

What with mortgages and other expenses (getting patio doors fitted this summer...they are built now..just need fitting..) I tend to save my cash and get stuff that I actually need (with the obligatory upgrade....)...so with that in mind, when I say to the missus that I am thinking about getting a new..insert bling thing here....she knows it isn't just an impulse thing and that I do actually need it....

But then we have a rule for her as well...one pair of shoes in....one pair of shoes out...

seeeemples
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938

I'm rubber, you're glue 8)
  • deadliest
    deadliest Posts: 471
    adb1006 wrote:

I'm rubber, you're glue 8)

??? Explain ???

I Have an 11 yr Old who uses Sheepsteeth's quote all the time and I need a comeback.
    Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/