swine flu

docker0141
docker0141 Posts: 605
edited May 2009 in The Crudcatcher
three pupils at my school have it :(

but i'm of school and my brother isn't :twisted:

Comments

• Dammit, swine flu couldn't get a lot further away if it tried GRRR lol.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • TomBeardsley
    TomBeardsley Posts: 150
    As long as it doesn't come down here for a month I'm happy. All my exams are within the next 3 weeks and if the schools closed they make your grade up from mock papers, classwork, coursework and what your teachers think. In the swine flu case I would be so completely screwed. I messed my mocks up quite bad. But I don't think it will come or spread that wide. A lot of it is just the media scaremongering I think.
    "Pain is temporary, success is permanent"
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    The media.. scare mongering... never!! lol

Lets be fair half of the rescesion is media scare mongers. most of the banking problems wouldn't occur if the press didn't go mental over it(and to the extreme)
  • Mytchett Mike
    Mytchett Mike Posts: 175
    I started sniffing and sneezing & was worried I'd got swine flu so I phoned my GP

but all I got was crackling

...... I'll get my coat :roll:
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    My GF is training to be a doctor at uni, and is in her 4th year.

She says that there are over 1,000 people every year, in the UK alone that die of normal flu.

Now, just because a handle of people have 'really bad' flu, the newspapers go into warp drive, and say that everyone is going to die....

Bollox!!!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Pete-C
    Pete-C Posts: 353
    docker, its seans ex's neighbour - and she might have spread it to us at the BBQ! not that i really care
    "Its all fun and games till someone gets hurt, then its hilarious"
    Pitch Comp
  • seandonaghy
    seandonaghy Posts: 44
    Its all good Pete-c and Docker. she has been put in the clear and so we should all be fine.