What bike should i invest in?

Bikergirl09
Bikergirl09 Posts: 4
edited June 2009 in MTB beginners
I'm a newbie to Bike radar and interested to know what sort of bike i should invest in? I'm looking to spend only a couple of hundred pounds as don't want to shell out huge amounts of money for something that i may not initially devote a lot of time to. For now it will be a case of getting back in the sadle and seeing how it goes. If all goes well and i get the bug i'll invest in something a little more expensive.

I live in Devon so am fortunate enough to make full use of the beautiful countryside and Tarka trails.

There are just so many bikes out there and it's hard to know what to go for.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    To start have a read of the the thread stickied on this page for beginners. It has some basic FAQa, and a link to a guide on what to look for in a bike.
  • Thanks for the sticky, very helpful indeed!
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    You need to get yourself in the Women's forum and say hello :D We're on a recruitment drive :lol:
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You'll always get more bike for your money buying used than new (like cars really) so while a new bike has a lot of attractions, getting a bike that new is almost twice as good can be a better bet!

Did a chunk of the Tarka trail 2 years back when on hols, nice ride (and nice and flat!)

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • SpinningJenny
    SpinningJenny Posts: 889
    You need to get yourself in the Women's forum and say hello :D We're on a recruitment drive :lol:

Hell, yes! it's time to show our muscle :D

Welcome, by the way.
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hell, yes! it's time to show our muscle :D
    So many responces possible, so many slaps round the chops likely......

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bet my muscle is bigger than yours....

and THAT is NOT a muscle, Simon :shock:
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08