Valverde's case in Spain

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited June 2009 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    They'll be prosecuting the judge who released it to CONI then?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He's a bit like one of those MPs saying "it was within the rules", he maybe technically correct but he's on a very slippery slope, he is stretching credibility here.

I'd like the UCI to step forward and voice its view on the matter.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Here's a brand new UCI commenton Valverde.

Nothing to see here, move along.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    that UCI statement is unreal...
  • Have they changed it, it looks like a very boring resume of the teams pro tour rankings....or am I missng something?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    The UCI is now saying they are still waiting for the CONI documents. Given Valverde's lawyers have a copy, you'd think the UCI might ask for them to be sent by fax, email or even a carrier pigeon. But McQuaid said he won't push for a ban until the CAS rules on Valverde, the Spaniard is appealing to the CAS and so the UCI will await for their ruling.
  • The UCI seems to be staffed by people operating in a technological, PR, leadership and reading skills vacuum.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    The UCI seems to be staffed by people operating in a technological, PR, leadership and reading skills vacuum.

We really wouldn't want to respond publicly to those comments.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Why haven't the cycling federations and the UCI imposed bans on this rider. He cheated, he got caught, he got a fair trial, and he does not need to be making money doing what he broke the rules doing (to the best of my knowledge not other rider has had the right to ride after he was convicted in any country). He is guilty, he owes the sport two years, get him off his bike.