Forgot my shoes!!

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
Well after work last night cycled to moms to get the car so i could come round today to look after bro, all fine

however when i arrive realise i have forgot my spd shoes and too late to turn round. going to feel an idiot, got bibs and cycling top with bloody nike trainers that are more like pumps you had when at school

only shining light is my pedals have a flat side, but still not looking forward to riding home, even contemplating getting home and going on gruelling ride with proper shoes as punishment lol (not really punishment but an excuse when meant to be having day off bike)

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I forgot my pants. Currently wearing cycling shorts under my skirt.

Hopefully that will provide some consolation!
  • andy83
    lol, sure u will get some very appropriate replies to that from DDD and the like

well a little cosolation, but i forgot trousers the other day so had to spend a whole training session at work in my bib tights

fair to say i got quite a few comments as no one at my work cycles. In the winter i get called robo carer when i have my balaclava on and helmet etc lol
  • lost_in_thought
  • Slurp
    Slurp Posts: 220
    !

Always, always keep a spare pair in a drawer. Can't believe you don't have the storage space for a pair of underwear and socks/stockings. An absolute lifesaver, esp. when I find my son's pants have made it into my underwear drawer at home!
    ---
    If I\'m not making any sense, it\'s because I\'m incoherent.
  • andy83
    panic over

decided to take my bro swimming and make a detour to go and get my shoes

Lit its not fair you have all those bikes, i only have one now but gf has accepted the fact i will be getting a new one soon (dont want to wreck my lovely new bike in rubbish weather, well thats the excuse anyhow)

i always carry spare undercrakers in bag, shame i dont leave trousers at work, maybe i should start
  • lost_in_thought
    Slurp wrote:
    !

Always, always keep a spare pair in a drawer. Can't believe you don't have the storage space for a pair of underwear and socks/stockings. An absolute lifesaver, esp. when I find my son's pants have made it into my underwear drawer at home!

To be fair, I usually do. Opened the drawer in question, was happy to note that I had 2 vests, a pair of socks and a hanky, but no undies... :roll:
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    Did you not get scissors and sellotape from the stationary cupboard and MAKE pants then?
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    When I was at uni playing for the football team we decided to go bowling/drinking after the wednesday's match. After a few hours with nightfall and the bus to take us home we got half way when the team decided to inform me and the centre-back that we were still in out bowling shoes!

I had them about two weeks, and was funny wearing em out the next week to see the comical side of things! :D
  • GEPC
    GEPC Posts: 123
    I think fogetting an important item of clothing is a commuting right of passage in the same way that a low speed topple is a clipless pedal right of pasage.

I have forgotten both socks and boxers on occasion. Luckily I don't work that far from Oxford street a quick comando walk and I can spend my eay out of the problem. For some reason I find wearing a pair of padded lycra cycling shorts under my jeans worse than going and buying a replacement. Still haven't gathered the courage to tell the shop assistant that I don't need a bag as I plan to wear them!
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    I always leave a pair of trousers at work as a rule. I've forgotten my pants more times than I can remember. I used to often leave my work shoes at home, but I've not jsut given up on them, and wear my SPD shoes during the day too.

The worst tho' is leaving deo at home (which I no longer do as I'm lucky enough to have a locker). Stinking is not cool.