New to forum, back to riding.

AJay85
AJay85 Posts: 41
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
Hello all,

Thought I'd pop and say Hi having just bought my first mtb since I was a teenager! Really really want to get back into riding, but test the water first and make sure I still like it!

I live in the Hull area and dont know many routes, or ones which I can drive to and start riding as a beginner - so any local help or knowledge would be great. (and just general tips)

Kitted myself with a nice little hardtail for now, a GT Aggressor XC 3 Mountain Bike 09 from Halfords. Nearly went for the XC2 but as I say want to test it all out -upgrade later if neccs.

img0263u.th.jpg

....rained today when I was assembling the bike so going over everything tomorrow. Anything I should make sure I do?? It seemed straigh forward, except for the front hyd brake which is a bit more loose that the back... but hey!

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome :)

like the colour scheme on that bike, looking good 8)

1st upgrade... those pedals!!

your brakes should bed in after a few rides :)
  • johnnyboy29
    johnnyboy29 Posts: 100
    Welcome from one newbie to another
    In the words of the GLC - Suicide is messy but it's money for free!!!
  • AJay85
    AJay85 Posts: 41
    I thought that about the pedals. The XC2 has different ones. Any suggestions? Online links?

Thanks both of you!
  • Bobhellen
    Bobhellen Posts: 154
    hi its good to be back into riding
    "we're a forum of pointless upgraders, depreciation maximisers, and diminishing returns addicts"
  • Flenser
    Flenser Posts: 372
    Looks nice. Wouldn't mind one myself. :D
    Claud Bulter Cape Wrath D27 (2009)
    Raleigh MaxLite FS1 (2001)
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    You are now exactly at the point I was 6 months ago when I got my Kraken as a cheap way back into riding. Be warned, the next 6 months were expensive for me :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    The DMR V8 and V12 are universally praised, however Wellgo offer basically the same pedal, for less.

V8, or if you're feeling flush, V12.

:lol: 8)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Oh, and you say you are returning to the MTB scene, Chain Reaction are a very good, secure website. Similar could be said about Wiggle. There's loads of other good bike related websites, but these two pretty much dominate the market. Still, hunt around a bit when you buy anything, as these are cheap, but not always the cheapest!!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke