RS 80 wheels

nephrocycle
nephrocycle Posts: 12
edited July 2009 in Road buying advice
just got a set of these from CRC at £359. Previous wheels were askium and krysium equipes. Noticed difference in first corner of race at weekend. Having previously lost bikelengths these wheels accelerate quickly and seem stiff enough for me at 80KG. True out of the box and first impressions good - seem to be good value compared to other wheelsets - could not stretch to the dura ace hub version for an extra £200. Anyone else use them?

Comments

• Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Haven't used them, but would like a pair - excellent bang for buck - light rims, adequate hubs, do most things well-enough.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    Yup I've done about 750miles on mine now. Really like them, although my old wheels were only the stock wheels on the TCR advanced 3 so obviously they were going to be better. They're great climbing out the saddle, great when sprinting out of corners. Just seem to float up to speed. I think the only difference between them and the Dura-ace wheels is the hubs, so the weight difference will make little difference to performance and if you look after them properly there shouldn't really be any disadvantages. Mine weighed in at 1570g with rim tape on.

All in all, dead chuffed :D
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Guys good to hear you like these wheels, do they come in an ultegra SL finish or can you get em in black?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    Rims are the same as Dura-ace, black with white and red 'RS Eighty' written on them. Nipples are red, spokes plain silver, hubs are Ultegra SL finish
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • rjwelch
    rjwelch Posts: 2
    :D great to hear such good write ups about the RS-80, currently looking at upgrading my RS-10 but have a budget which will just make these affordable.