food on the move

adedownunder
adedownunder Posts: 30
edited June 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Hi All

I was just wondering what food most of you guy's eat whilst on a long ride, as my rides are getting longer i need to be able to fuel up but dont want to be taking arm full's of stuff with me. Is it better to have a good meal before you ride which wont be uncomfortable on your digestion, or snack at regular intervals and use the gel's and power bars?? all advice would be greatly appreciated. "enjoy your ride's"

Ade

Comments

• Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    hi,

I take bananas, special k bars, nutrigrain bars and a lorr, lorra water.

Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • djvagabon
    djvagabon Posts: 262
    Energy bars are pretty crap to be honest. I good diet before and after the ride will sort you out, and a few bananas on the ride. Make sure you keep hydrated as you will lose your edge quickly when you start to lose fluid. Try taking a few cartons of fresh Orange juice. That seems to do the trick for me
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    I agree with bananas and water (occasionally Gatorade)
  • Thanks for those replies guy's, i know it's a question which will always be asked and gets a bit boring. I have a pre ride meal which is working well for me now, and banana sarnies and gatoade seem to do me on the ride ok. I will most likley come across a few other things as i progress and hopfully be able to share them with others who like me are a bit of a novice to the whole nutrition thing :roll:

Thanks again
    Ade