How often do you ride?

diamondbacker
diamondbacker Posts: 224
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
I'm out about 3 times a week for approx 1 hour (although I am extending this) and was wondering how often others ride?

I'm also peed off that as my bike is in need of repairs I'll probably not be back out on it until Wednesday.

Comments

• starsky007
    starsky007 Posts: 185
    I get out on my bike every other day for 25mls +. before work and after work and on wkends. bearing in mind i work 12hr days and nites. i do day and nite rides too. also training for mm09 as a solo rider. last ride out was a 43miler in the forest of dean where i live. :D
    nice new giant trance 3
    also ht coyote
    s-works epic 2008.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    not often enough...

twice in the last 3 weeks due to work & other commitments
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • chorscroft
    chorscroft Posts: 254
    Every single day. :wink:

Not always mountain biking unfortunately, but if I can;t get out on the HT I'll go for a road cycle instead.

I usually cycle about 30k If I'm on the road or about 20k on the MTB, with longer rides on weekends.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    2 or 3 times a week usually, for a few hours at a time. We're local to Glentress luckily so it's easy to cram a lot of riding into a fairly short time, after work laps of the red route have been my main poison lately, and long mile-munching XC rides locally. Plus I commute sometimes, but I need time to rest before a big mtb ride and to recover after so with the midweek rides I don't commute so much now.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • FSR Si
    FSR Si Posts: 147
    Usually 3 or 4 times a week on my own, Then pretty much daily with the wife for an hour a time.
    My Rides......91 GT Talera SingleSpeed, 97 Klein pulse race, 2010 Boardman HT Pro
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    I ride to/from work 3-5 days a week 3 miles each way
    Ride on an evening 3 times a week 15-20 miles for each one
    Ride one 30-40miler on a Sunday
    Ride to work can be (and is) extended to around 10 miles when I feel like it.

I consider myself lucky to have some great hilly countryside on my doorstep, a flexible work timetable and an understandng missus :D
  • Flenser
    Flenser Posts: 372
    I try to get out every night but that's more like three or four times a week when the kids are taken into account.

Did nearly 19 miles yesterday, beautiful weather for it in the early evening. That's my longest ride yet, it's usually more like ten or eleven miles.
    Claud Bulter Cape Wrath D27 (2009)
    Raleigh MaxLite FS1 (2001)
  • Rode 36 miles on Saturday and 20 yesterday, hoping (if my E.P.O. lets me) to get out today too.
    However only normally ride on a Sunday morning & Tuesday evening, which is NOT ENOUGH :cry:
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    Was doing two to three times a week 2-4 hours a time plus 5 days commuting 30 minutes each way. then I fractured my arm and now the weather is taunting me with its perfection.
  • DC01
    DC01 Posts: 333
    10 mile commute mon-fri on the rockhopper with an extra 3 mile trail thrown in depending on day. And as much as i can cram in of a weekend on the EX depending on the kids football, clubs, other activities etc. So can be anything from a couple of hours to all day. Dont measure distance or average speed etc on the weekend. All about fun factor and pushing hard as i can.
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    Nowhere near as much as I want to :roll: , which has been particularly bad in the last 5 weeks due to work/family commitments. Hope to get back to my tolerable minimum of at least 2 fixes a week asap
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    3-4 times a week ranging between 1 and 2 hours each ride.