Skye Sportive Anyone?

holmeboy
holmeboy Posts: 674
Doing the Skye Mor next week, anybody else? Really looking forward to it, if the weather's clear, should be most scenic! Going to try and not stop to long at the feed stations, reckon this usually adds about 2 hours onto my sportive times. Don't know wether to take the Ron Cooper triple Ultegra or the Trek double 53/39 11/25, ordered new wheels for the Trek, hope there here for Thursday, need new brake blocks too and possibly a new back cassette as well as thinking about a new back derailler. going to be busy week even before I leave for Skye. :lol: :? :shock: :x :roll:

Comments

• Dr U Idh
    Dr U Idh Posts: 324
    Looks like I'm in for it too. Going up with family and camping at Torvaig (assuming I get booked in / there's room etc. I've not really done any riding since the Etape Caledonia - think I'd better I get some riding in this week then :lol:

No choice of bikes for me - it'll be the Cayo with whatever gears it came with. Might give it a clean though.
  • Dr U Idh
    Err... does this really have 3,000m of ascent? Seems like an awful lot for a tour around Skye.
  • Dr U Idh
    Aye - I know. Still - that means lots of downhill too. Right?