stupid parker...

whydoesitalwaysrainonme
edited May 2009 in The bottom bracket
I ordered some Mavic open pro rims/shimano hubs/dt spokes off of parker international and payed about £3.50 for next day delivery. So it didn't come the next day, and then it didn't come today either then i get a phone call saying that the front wheel is out of stock and that i have to pay £10 more to get the wheel above, so now have to wait for that to be delivered. I wouldn't be surprised if they phone me in another two days time and tell me that they're out of stock, very angry never ordering off of them again. aaahhhh i feel calm now.
Ribble Gran Fondo
Focus Black Hills
Raleigh Chopper

Comments

• Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    They are taking the piss. I would request/demand a full refund and take my business elsewhere. I know it will mean more waiting but that's just not on.
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    I quite like Parkers, but they are slow. They seem to be lost in time down there. Also, at times, you can order things from their web site and its not in stock.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Parkers used to be my first point of call, almost always best price, delivery within 48 (quite often 24) even with standard delivery - also as they're only 25 miles away I could go and collect. Prices then went through the roof compared to CRC, Merlin, etc so I stopped using them - prices seem to be coming back down to competitive levels, it's a shame if the service has dropped.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    I ordered some Mavic open pro rims/shimano hubs/dt spokes off of parker international and payed about £3.50 for next day delivery. So it didn't come the next day, and then it didn't come today either then i get a phone call saying that the front wheel is out of stock and that i have to pay £10 more to get the wheel above, so now have to wait for that to be delivered. I wouldn't be surprised if they phone me in another two days time and tell me that they're out of stock, very angry never ordering off of them again. aaahhhh i feel calm now.

They have ripped you off, I'd demand my money back.

You pay for next day delivery, you should get it, nonsense about not being able to deliver due to being out of stock, well why then were they promising to deliver the next day? Breach of Contract given you have specifically paid for it...
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    I've just bought some kit from them this week and whilst they didn't have one of the items in stock, they called me and asked whether I wanted an alternative, to wait, or to go without and just have the other stuff sent out and that they'd send the other thing when it arrived. I was in no hurry so I waited and less than a week later I had a big tub of Carb/Protein stuff, some KMC Missing link pliers and better still, a new pair of Assos bib shorts. I'd use them again definately.
  • pcanh
    pcanh Posts: 12
    Also been ripped off by parker, bought a campag seat clip, they charged me 3.95 postage it came in a very small letter with a 1 st class stamp on! what a ripp off, Another trick of there`s is to keep sending you the wrong goods so you have to keep re ordering. my mate had the wrong spokes sent 3 times! Or you order loads off stuff and they send you 1 item, rest out of stock, but in stock on web site.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Wasn't that what Lady Penelope used to say....
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.