CRACK!!!

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
Just had the bike serviced and new wheels put on (see cake stop) yesterday.. riding home and go to change gear heading downhill only to hear a massive crack and my back wheel lock up. I skidded for a few feet and managed to come to a stop without using my face.

Couldnt find anything wrong. I think a stone must have flicked up into the chain somehow (the roads here are bloody attrocious!) and jammed the back wheel for a second. Thankfully it didnt go wrong on the front wheel or I would have ended up in the back of someones car. :shock:

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Weird....
  • downfader
    Just had another look at the bike and theres scuff marks under the canti bit that holds the second cable over the brakes. You know the little panel bit? I wonder if something got jammed in between there and the tyre and effectively made me brake... :shock:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    fossyant wrote:
    Weird....

+1. Very odd.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    As a precaution, take the rear off, and rotate the axel and freewheel...just in case...... check for play or roughness etc......

Could have been some debris getting kicked up, but it's odd, but possible. Eliminate the mechanical issues though.
  • downfader
    fossyant wrote:
    As a precaution, take the rear off, and rotate the axel and freewheel...just in case...... check for play or roughness etc......

Could have been some debris getting kicked up, but it's odd, but possible. Eliminate the mechanical issues though.

I'll do that later on today. Would be very odd to be a faulure of a brand new hope pro 3 though wouldnt it, LOL. :lol: