calling all wearers of Assos shorts

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited May 2009 in The bottom bracket
My Fi Uno S5s have arrived :D . I've tried them on and compared to my Specialized Pro SL bib shorts the strapping over the sholders feels as though its a bit short. I haven't ridden in them yet so that may be fine on the bike. I'm 6ft tall and went for the large. I think that the XL would be too big.

They feel fine around the legs etc.

Any thoughts guys?

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    If the straps feel a bit tight when you're standing up, off the bike, that's normal. They should feel okay once you're out on the bike as the change in body position will relax the pressure on the straps.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    If the straps aren't tight when standing I find that the shorts/tights get baggy and keep getting caught on the nose of the saddle and the pad can move about, which is something you don't want.

Tight(ish) straps are good
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Harry B
    If the straps aren't tight when standing I find that the shorts/tights get baggy and keep getting caught on the nose of the saddle and the pad can move about, which is something you don't want.

Tight(ish) straps are good

Cheers Reddraggon that seems to make sense. I'll try them out this weekend :) Only thing is at this price what happens if you come off :? I might just use them for posing in around various events and then change back into the old ones for actual cycling :wink: :oops:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You find a lot of people trying the Assos and Race cut Gore stuff on in my LBS complaining about the tight on the shoulders fit. Then they sit on the bike on the trainer and they realise...
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    From Assos website FAQ's -

ASSOS shorts are tailored for the riding-position. It is therefore normal that the bibs pull on the shoulders when standing upright. If this is not the case, use a smaller size.

It also mentions it in the blurb that comes with them.
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • Harry B
    DaSy wrote:
    From Assos website FAQ's -

ASSOS shorts are tailored for the riding-position. It is therefore normal that the bibs pull on the shoulders when standing upright. If this is not the case, use a smaller size.

It also mentions it in the blurb that comes with them.

Thanks DaSy I hadn't read that :? Its like the instruction book for a new computer or DVD player. Its always the first thing to get discarded when opening the box :oops: