Gorlech or raven at brechfa

rhette
rhette Posts: 1,248
edited June 2009 in Routes
Hi
We are down near brechfa soon,but will only have time to do one of the trails :(
Any advice on trails{difficulty/time]etc would be good, soi can decide which one to do.
Cheers :D

Comments

• gettricky
    gettricky Posts: 103
    Was there this weekend and 6 weeks ago. Last time we did Red and Black back to back, and sessioned various parts of the track (berm sections for example) started at 11 and finished about 5, we pushed fairly hard, but took regular breaks up the hills and nailed all the downs.

This weekend did the Raven (Black) and Drewen (Blue), with the blue we followed black instead of green to get to it, and and then after the finish cut through to take the Black back, so it was sort of 1.5 times around Raven and the blue. Started @ 12.45, finished Raven at about 2.45. I had stomach cramp through so we we're pushing hard up the hills, lots of breaks, you can nail it around much quicker than that. We had lunch and set off on the second blue stint about 3.30 odd and finished at 5 ish.

There is not that much difference between Red and Black IMO, and neither are outrageously hardcore, they do have some challenges, but quite a few of the tough bits have little cope out trails you can go around if you don't want to commit. We had a couple of chaps behind us who were a bit more 'mature' and timid and they made it around in one piece.

And even though Derwen is blue, its still a pretty good trail and worth a look. My advice is get down early and do a couple...
    ---

Pitch Pro 2009
  • rhette
    rhette Posts: 1,248
    Cheers for that.
    Sounds great.
    We should have about 3hrs there so will try and fit as much in as possible. We will have done alot of riding the previous two days,so I'll see how my old legs are :D