North Leeds XC/AM/FR clubs and groups

chrisinleedsuk
chrisinleedsuk Posts: 106
edited May 2009 in MTB rides
Are there any riding clubs or groups in North Leeds at the moment? Nearer to Alwoodley the better :D

Comments

• yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    I live right next to Roundhay Park mate (I can throw stones at people walking their dogs from back of my house :wink:

It's quite rare that I see anyone else playing around on the same trails as me and I generally only ride at the weekends.

There's a bit of fun to be had in Gledhow Valley Woods and in Roundhay Park itself. Half a days mucking around.

I think there is a North Leeds MTB club, but they may be more XC/towpath riding if i'm not mistaken. Google them and you should find out more.
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    I'm guessing you're the chap who share's my name and has just joined the facebook group i edit?! :D:wink:
  • Yeah but I'm of the opinion that you stole my name! I'm a local by default, just been living in South Leeds and Australia for the last few years, so I know all the trails. I was just looking for some riding buddies as it's much more fun that way and you tend to push it harder too. I used to blast around Gledhow Valley. Roundhay Park, Wike, Bluebell Woods, Meanwood Valley, Horsforth, Stainburn, The Chevin and, dare I say it, Ilkley Moor.
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    what's the facebook group bells?

ta
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Voila: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 0633351165

Chris - me and a couple of mates tend to have a bomb round Esholt woods, but up for new places. Got a mate who lives near Roundhay, so am sure he would want to find some local routes.