*sings* Getting my new wheels, getting my new wh.. *sings*

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited May 2009 in The bottom bracket
GA Cycles are fitting some new wheels to my Jake. :D Open Pro rims, Hope Pro3 hubs and DT Swiss spokes. A new chain and a gear/brake service and tweak. £377 Looking forward to them. :P

Then I got home and thought "I did tell them I need the old wheels back.. didn't I???" :oops: Just phoned to check... Phew.

These are going to be the best wheels I have ever used. Back in the day when I was a kid I used to spend about £35 on a wheel and upgrade the bearings myself. God that was a long time ago. :lol: Then I tried the aksium a few years back and wondered why I had ever used cheap and nasty wheels..

..oh yeah, they were cheap. :lol: Sorry. I just had to share.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Good choice! Have fun!

Pics when you get them too...
  • downfader
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Good choice! Have fun!

Pics when you get them too...

Cheers!

I will do a video instead actually. Planning on doing the big hill around the corner (35 degree slope for about a mile) and filming that too. Could be boring and slow though. :lol: He's got some really nice stuff in there too. Was tempted to do a custom bike after looking around there.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I love shiny new things 8)
  • Anonymous
    So do I, I'm like a freakin' magpie!
  • downfader
    NapoleonD wrote:
    So do I, I'm like a freakin' magpie!

I'm like that for about 2 weeks until it either gets covered in a layer of dust, mud or crap. :lol:

EDIT, oh the wheels, nearly forgot! :oops: :lol:

:shock: :shock: THEY'RE AWESOME!!! :shock: :shock:

Miles and miles better than the aksiums (though I will always love those!) in two ways - peds hear me coming and my god are they twitchy-fast down hill and easy up. 8)

I'll try and get a video made this weekend
  • Anonymous
    I have the Pro2 hubs on my MTB, the noise is of great benefit when there are walking folk about!
  • downfader
    My aksiums.. silent. My alex rimmed wheels that came with the jake and a previous bike.
    .. silent.

I rode these down the back of the city center today. Theres a cyclepath around the Borders shop that usually has a few peds in it. They ALL heard me coming and moved out of the way today. :)

I was going to get the Chris Kings as I said, but they dont make the same noise, I was told, lol. :lol: