Newbie hello and Giant XTC 3.5 question...

DuffyBB
DuffyBB Posts: 4
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
Hello all. Looking to get into mtb'ing for the fitness aspect of it and im looking for some advice on a Giant XTC 3.5...

http://www.dalescycles.com/Giant_XTC_3_ ... tc3508.htm

Just wondering if its worth it/anything better for the money? I have had a read through the hardtail buying guide...but i keep changing from one bike to another. Just wondering about this one as its on sale.

Cheers.

Comments

• sarkmeister
    sarkmeister Posts: 142
    Im no expert but that looks like a very good deal for the money....
    Orange Crush 2010
    Trek 1.5c
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    My friend has an XTC 3.5 and its a nice bike. I prefer a more racey set up though
  • pulseburst
    pulseburst Posts: 22
    Hi, I have one in a 21.5 inch frame (XL). It is a great bike that I have been riding for a year. I always intended getting a more expensive and better equipped bike but this has been an awesome bike where I have been able to tackle most terrain (apart from downhill).

I have to admit, my upgraded bike is a world away (08 Santa Cruz Nomad) but if I had thespace I would love to keep my XTC 3.5.

However, and here is the slightly 'you would say that' bit, my bike is actually selling on Ebay so have a look. I paid £475 for the bike and upgraded to a far superior fork in he Rock Shox Reba (100-115 travel) for an extra £350.

It will go for cheap so if it is the ize maybe this would be a good start. Otherwise, wherever you get it from, you can't do worse in terms of value for money in my opinion.
  • Airienteer
    Airienteer Posts: 695
    A very nice beginners bike. It has quite an upright position, which some like, but it has a decent enough spec for the price.