am I being thick? trying to get on cyclosport

popette
popette Posts: 2,089
I'm typing in cyclosport.org and being redirected to everyday cycling - are they one and the same?
Anyone else get this or am I doing something incredibly daft?

Comments

• popette wrote:
    I'm typing in cyclosport.org and being redirected to everyday cycling - are they one and the same?
    Anyone else get this or am I doing something incredibly daft?

Same for me. Cyclosport is Mark harding's site and has nothing to do with everyday Cyclings so there is something very strange going on.
  • ellieb
    ellieb Posts: 436
    Given the relationship between the two organisations I suspect someone has been a little bit mischievous
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Hacked? Could be a third party causing trouble.
  • Its not just me then.
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Same problem here
    Brian B.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    and me :o , awaiting the Richmond 5 dales posting in case my updated email isn`t on their system
    James
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Oh that's brilliant !

Rather than trying to get in to the 'top level Cyclosport home page, if you try to go directly into the events or forums, again you end-up in the same place.

Try to go to something that doesn't exist, like http://www.cyclosport.org/xxx and you get
    Error 404: Resource not found present

The page or resource you were looking for can not be found.

www.hostinguk.net

Copyright © Hosting UK - an Internet Engineering Ltd company

Perhaps Mark Harding's not paid his bill at his web hosting company ?

But given his attitude to BC and Everyday Cycling, redirecting there... :lol:
  • This is either a result of mischief as suggested above or Mark has decided to give his website a rest, for whatever reason.

And before anybody comments, I am not suggesting that www.sportivecentral.com are responsible!

Anyway, whatever the cause, it is weird. There was no indication that a transition would be taking place.
  • Anyone out there know Mark and know what has happened? I cannot see him sending his readers to a BCF site in a million years but surely no one would do this just for the heck of it?
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    :lol: brilliant!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Saintjohn
    Saintjohn Posts: 2
    I've emailed Mark, but no reply. Very odd.
    John's Ironman UK blog http://irontwit.creativeblogs.net
  • I've just been over to http://sportivecentral.com/index.php?p=board and they are attempting to fill the gap. So organisers need to enter their event details ASAP. Everyday Cycling is okay but is not very navigable.

I wonder what all of cyclosport's bloggers must be thinking of their stories disappearing?
  • Scott08
    Scott08 Posts: 21
    I'd forget sportive central and stay here. Who needs another wannabe sportive portal? Combined with the BCF's no nonsense and comprehensive calendar I get all I need from BikeRadar without getting into yet another blog/calendar/ratings site etc.

This is by far the best sportive forum and the lack of deitorial interference and political manouverings is refreshing after Cyclosport.

I gave up on Cyclosport 12 months ago when Mark had his last tantrum and withdrew the site/blocked contributors who dared to use BCF/doctored postings/rebadged as IACO etc. It was a shame because I liked it well enough before all of that, but I lost trust in it then. I also got sick of the events that paid him advertising money being the ones that were featured.

I do pity the bloggers as some of them had put a lot of work in and written some good stuff.