Spots on Di Luca's shoulder

donrhummy
donrhummy Posts: 2,329
edited May 2009 in Pro race
Anyone know what those spots on his shoulder are? They showed him without his shirt on RAI and he had about 5 huge elevated spots on his shoulder.

Comments

• robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Hmmmm, used to go to a gym where some real bodybuilding types worked out, they were always covered in spots, apparently is a side-effect from 'roid usage.

I just saying is all!
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Robmanic1 wrote:
    Hmmmm, used to go to a gym where some real bodybuilding types worked out, they were always covered in spots, apparently is a side-effect from 'roid usage.

I just saying is all!
    I'd say that would constitute overwhelming irrefutable evidence around here :shock:
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • colint
    colint Posts: 1,707
    Yep, won a stage and has spots, hang 'im
    Planet X N2A
    Trek Cobia 29er
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I'd hang him for his past. Riders like Di Luca have no place in the sport. ASO blocked him from their races years ago and after this he still managed to get himself banned. He makes many an MP look honest.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Kléber wrote:
    I'd hang him for his past. Riders like Di Luca have no place in the sport. ASO blocked him from their races years ago and after this he still managed to get himself banned. He makes many an MP look honest.

Well said.
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    I'm not sure if they're some sort of birthmark or skin complaint like psoriasis, but I noticed them last year, so they're not new. Think he's got some on his legs too.
  • monkey71
    monkey71 Posts: 24
    Robmanic1 wrote:

I just saying is all!

Another educated "guess"!!!!!!

Anything that someone doesn't know about on this forum turns into a doping theme!!!!

I know Diluca has a shadowy past, however the spots are more than likely from a technique used by many massage therapists called cupping. A direct result of this technique is that it can leave raised large red marks on the skin.

Steroid use would be indicated by pimples on the back, not by large round elevated spots.....
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Sounds like Leprosy to me :}
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    sounds like heresy to Danilo.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    I saw him at the TofB last season post-stage and they're scars, looks like from a crash.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Kléber wrote:
    I'd hang him...
    Let's face it, is there anyone you wouldn't ?
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    monkey71 wrote:
    Robmanic1 wrote:

I just saying is all!

Anything that someone doesn't know about on this forum turns into a doping theme!!!!

I know Diluca has a shadowy past, however the spots are more than likely from a technique used by many massage therapists called cupping. A direct result of this technique is that it can leave raised large red marks on the skin.

Steroid use would be indicated by pimples on the back, not by large round elevated spots.....

Educated guess in so much as 'roid usage causes spots, then yes.

Not sure about your "Anything that someone doesn't know about on this forum turns into a doping theme!!!!" comment even means, but I think I know what you're getting at.

I''m not saying he's taking anything dodgy, I'm just putting the facts out there for debate (how was I to know it would turn into another doping thread? :wink: )
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    My better hald noticed this morning when I came in from a ride that I had spots on my back and she commented that I have had them for over 10 years. Now she thinks I am on roids or other drugs cos I compete in cycling events and my VAM is higher than normal.

Probably any time now the vampires will be at my door for an out of competition blood sample. Thanks Bike Radar Forum!!!
    Brian B.
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    monkey71 wrote:
    Robmanic1 wrote:

I just saying is all!

I know Diluca has a shadowy past, however the spots are more than likely from a technique used by many massage therapists cal led cupping . A direct result of this technique is that it can leave raised large red marks on the skin.

blopdy love a bit of cupping...
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    monkey71 wrote:

Hurrah for a bit of Sanity
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    They are hypertrophic scars, ive got a lump type one on my shoulder from crashing once.