Man charged for Etape sab.

62 yo will appear at Perth sherrif court tomorrow

Comments

• Jimbosome
    Jimbosome Posts: 57
    Can we sue? (like all 3,500 of us).
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Does he read the daily Mail, in which case can they be charged too?
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Jimbosome wrote:

yes...

how far you'd get is another matter. though you might well have a case here, assuming you had a tire or tub? puntured? possible risk etc.
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    I think it is definately worth giving the plod a call and asking them to log your details. The more complaints of criminal damage the better surely? If nothing else, if he is found guilty, perhaps he will be forced to cover those costs incurred by people who got punctures etc. Where theres blame theres a claim etc etc.
  • campagone
    campagone Posts: 270
    Porgy wrote:

Leave the Mail out of it :x , for your info they actually reported the story, was it in the Daily Sport I wonder?
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    campagone wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

Leave the Mail out of it :x , for your info they actually reported the story,

& I bet it was told as a humourous story.
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    edited May 2009
    Jimbosome wrote:

yes...

how far you'd get is another matter. though you might well have a case here, assuming you had a tire or tub? puntured? possible risk etc.

yes you can sue him but not for possible risk. so the price of a couple of inner tubes...
  • bprice
    bprice Posts: 61
    Porgy wrote:
    campagone wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

Leave the Mail out of it :x , for your info they actually reported the story,

& I bet it was told as a humourous story.
    Actually no, It wasnt.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    I Hope they put him away for a few months to teach the Ba%$£&d a lesson.
    then hopefully there was a lawyer amongst the 4000 cyclists who will take the case on free of charge and try and get compensation for all the burst inner tubes and days off work folk had to take due to their injury's -

another thing what would have happened had if there had been a big crash on a descent and some folk could have died ??? oh right going by other court cases the judge would have gave the person 100 hours of community service.
  • Floodcp
    Floodcp Posts: 190
    Jimbosome wrote:

I punctured 2 tubs at £60 each. Never mind the disappointment of not finishing. Can we sue for that too?? :D
  • Pat Murray
    Pat Murray Posts: 95
    The best course of action for those concerned is to report your damage to the police now and get a crime reference number. Then wait until he has been prosecuted and proved guilty. Then put him on notice of your loss and ask for compensation, if he refuses or ignores your claim rather than bring a class action (one set of legal fees for him) all bring a small claim against him individually adds another £30 to everyone’s bill!
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    The man arrested has been named as a community council chief:

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... tage-21678
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Grosset - anagram of tosser (nearly)
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/