Pozatto

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited May 2009 in Pro race
Anybody read his interview in Procycling this month? Specifically the bit about Simeoni. What an arse. He basically calls him a liar followed by a "piece of shit" and goes on to say he's less than human!

All in, reading his comments about Cav later on, i'm rather glad Bingo told him to "F&£k off".
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Looked to me like he was one of the ringleaders in going against the agreement in Milan to let Rabobank cross the line first. Certainly it looked like he wasn't interested in what Jens Voigt had to say to him (although which side Jens was on is open to debate) and was involved in the cranking up of the pace.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Lovely guy. I specifically didn't buy PC because he was on the cover*

*no, I don't know him, have never met him, or dated his sister, but it's my £3.99 and I couldn't have that barnet staring at me for a month.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Cavendish: “If you notice, Pozzato has a problem with three or four guys in the peloton and they are all young riders who are coming through. “He thinks he's the boss of the peloton and he can boss people around.”
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I thought the Pozzato interview was good. His comments about Cavendish weren't out of order particularly.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • GroupOfOne MkII
    GroupOfOne MkII Posts: 1,289
    To be fair on our Pippo, he was more than happy to sit and chat and sign autographs before the TTT last week, when other riders were hiding away inside their team buses.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    I thought the interview was quite revealing. Puts his perfomances into a bit more context.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    i thought it was a great interview, and once again the magazine is fantastic this month. just wish i didn't read it so quickly.

On Pozzato, he admits to loving himself, but he also gets a lot stick. Ridden well this year, his Roubaix ride was really good.
  • samb01
    samb01 Posts: 130
    Ah, Pozzato. Spring 2005, in his first season with QS, he was useless. Far below the level of what you would expect from such a supposedly talented rider. Lefevre was not happy, and he was quite public about it, which of course is his way of say telling a rider to 'do what you have to do to be competitive' (notice Tchmil's recent public scolding of Steegmans and De Haes).

Needless to say, it was a new and improved Pozzato who contested the second half of the season.