Spesh Pitch Comp

Verta
Verta Posts: 24
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Nothing out of the ordinary, it's a bit muddy after a few runs on the loop and black route at Hamsterley:

pitch800x600.jpg

Loving the bike, it's everything I hoped for when I switched over from my hardtail. I think I might have to give SPuDs a try again though, had a few feet slippages on the V12s!

Comments

• Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Another Comp owner :D

How long have you had it and what shoes are you using with the V12s?
  • Verta
    Verta Posts: 24
    Zaskar20 wrote:
    Another Comp owner :D

How long have you had it and what shoes are you using with the V12s?

Hehe, yeah - they are pretty popular bikes, I can see why though! :) I've only had it two weeks, yesterday was my first proper outing on it.

I am using some Kustom skate shoes, they have a flat sole with nobbles - pretty sticky rubber although not quite as sticky as Five Tens... they did only cost £20 in the sale though!
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Verta wrote:
    I am using some Kustom skate shoes, they have a flat sole with nobbles - pretty sticky rubber although not quite as sticky as Five Tens... they did only cost £20 in the sale though!

Sounds like they should be OK.

I've got the same pedals on mine - always used Time Atacs in the past. Much prefer the flats. At the moment I'm using cheap Puma flat soled trainers and had no probs!
    Don't know what else to suggest other than the Five tens (or Shimano).

Comps are unbelievable for the price, Great VFM and a fantastic ride, :D
  • lanky85
    lanky85 Posts: 82
    sweet! :D

Im looking at getting one of these this week!

I was after a pro, but as EVERYWHERE is sold out, its hard enough to get a XL in the comp!

how do you find it just riding normally?

does it really suffer without "pedal pro" on the rear shock? I wanna use it for normal XC as well as heavier stuff...

cheers Andy.
  • lanky85
    lanky85 Posts: 82
    well i took the plunge and ordered mine today, i know its risky not tryin it out first, but if its not right ill just return it, the shop said thats fine :D

can't wait!