mtb vid of Whitwick woods - Leicester 'moment'

twonks
twonks Posts: 352
edited May 2009 in Routes
Was very wet and slippy, which didn't help me or the camera much.

Still, slightly entertaining and a good way to kill 90 minutes this afternoon :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGCbgD2c ... r_embedded

Comments

• Go on... what happened there then?!

Looks like you lost traction up front and couldn't turn?
  • twonks
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Go on... what happened there then?!

Looks like you lost traction up front and couldn't turn?

About the long and short of it yes.

The last bit is usually faster than that and you can sort of carve into the turn and stop very quickly.

I was going too slow as it was a tad wet thus miss timed the turn at the bottom.

Bike slipped out and I went straight on over the bars :lol:
  • Regal
    Regal Posts: 55
    know any other routes that would be suitable for a overweight and unfit beginner? ;D

seen a couple of mentions of around the swithland wood area but have no idea if theres many bridleways / trials out there or if its all just sorta contained in the woods themselves?

cheers for any help :)
  • twonks
    Regal wrote:
    know any other routes that would be suitable for a overweight and unfit beginner? ;D

seen a couple of mentions of around the swithland wood area but have no idea if theres many bridleways / trials out there or if its all just sorta contained in the woods themselves?

cheers for any help :)

Hia. There a loads of normal ish bridleways and routes around here. (I aint no slim racing bod myself :lol: )

tbh most of them are tame as it isn't too hilly.

I only know routes local to Coalville and Whitwick. If I go further it tends to be in the car so probably miss a fair amout of good stuff within a 10 mile radius.

If your anywhere near your welcome to come out on a ride :)