Giro Stage 10 - has it been altered?

caracolito
caracolito Posts: 55
edited May 2009 in Pro race
According to cyclingnews http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2009/giro09/?id=stages/giro0910 it has:
"Originally mirrored on the stage Fausto Coppi won by an incredible 11 minutes in the 1949 Giro, stage 10 was meant to include the Colle della Maddalena, Col de Vars and Col d'Izoard, although it won't travel up any of these due to a combination of natural hazards (landslides) and a clash between Italian and French radio frequencies"

But listening to Eurosport they spoke about sestrier etc' and about Coppi etc'.
Not being lazy (for a change) I looked in the giro's own site http://www.ilgiroditalia.it/tappe/10-tappa/ and again the original shows.

So what's what?!
Should I bother pulling sickie on Monday?

Thanks
Going uphill fast, is easy; all you need are legs and lungs. Going downhill fast is hard... you need... balls.

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    There is no stage tomorrow, so why would you pull a sickie :wink:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I believe it's the altered version, from Pinerolo up to Sestriere and then back down. A shadow of the stage that was initially announced but still a hard day.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Kléber wrote:
    I believe it's the altered version, from Pinerolo up to Sestriere and then back down. A shadow of the stage that was initially announced but still a hard day.

Until we have a rider's.......sorry, rider protest over a dangerous decent into Pinerolo. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • caracolito
    caracolito Posts: 55
    There is no stage tomorrow, so why would you pull a sickie :wink:

To buy beers... such a stage would req' preparation :-)
    Going uphill fast, is easy; all you need are legs and lungs. Going downhill fast is hard... you need... balls.
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    Kléber wrote:

After the rest day and just before the big TT, a real crippler of a day would have been nice. Give the TTer's something to chase come Thursday. As it is Levi will probably well in contention even before the TT