First Ride on my Fury, WET!

Boner
Boner Posts: 25
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
LOL ideal, first time I have been non a bike (that I can remember) in about 10 years.

Started off, dry, ended up, SOAKING WET!, rain came down hard right after I got going lol :(

Anyway, other than that, I stuck to some quiet roads to get used to everything, specially gears, found myself in a bit of a mess a couple of times, ending up turning round and coming back DOWN the hill I got half way up LOL (it is quite hilly around here) other than getting wet and having a rather squeeky front break (I assume due to the rain) everything went pretty damn well and I am looking forward to going on some more adventurous, longer rides (when it is not so wet)

I wiped the bike down when I got it back in, hopefully it wont rust TOO soon :(

Thanks to everybody who has helped me in choosing and learning over the past couple of weeks.

Comments

• enjoy it man :] was on bike yesterday in awesome downpoursloved it :lol:
    Focus Blackhills with a few bits :]
  • kopite1979
    kopite1979 Posts: 443
    i got drenched yeterday meself, on my first SPD pedal ride, still enjoyed it though.
    and yes, wet disk brakes scream like a banshee mate. if you`re anything like me, you`ll do a ride in the morning and you`ll be itching to go riding again by tea time! :twisted:
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • flashbax
    flashbax Posts: 52
    My first ride out on my shiny cube to but the weather in Manchester held off, not so good now its belting it down so i've been sat on the laptop looking out of the window waiting for the cloudes to break so i can get out...Still waiting and my freshly cleaned WD40d bike is to...English summers :lol:
  • kopite1979
    kopite1979 Posts: 443
    i drove to delamere forrest today in torrential rain and luckily the sun came out as i got there, but... i paid for it in mud! i was covered head to toe!
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • a17vts
    a17vts Posts: 90
    I enjoy going out in changing weather. I went out this morning and started off dry and sunny ended like your ride wet and muddy!
  • Captain Turok
    Captain Turok Posts: 686
    My favorite conditions today!
    Slipping in the mud with the sun shining!
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • Rich101
    Rich101 Posts: 30
    I normally try to only ride in the dry but i got bored and the weekend and just went for it. It was nice and dry when i went out but started raining about half way. I have to say i enjoyed myself, i was nice and warm and once i got wet, getting more wet (and muddy) didn't really bother me at all. So I was flying along through mud and puddles gettting absolutely coated in the stuff. Brilliant fun. I'm pretty sure everyone who saw me worried for my sanity but nothing new there. :lol:

I had a much more miserable ride the other day when it was sunny but really windy.
  • waynej
    waynej Posts: 56
    Went out yesterday after 2 days of relentless rain.

Big puddles, big mud = great fun. :D

Windy as hell though - bag of merde. :x

Don't mind rain and mud - once you're soaked it can't get worse, enjoy it. Ok, the bike looks a bit rough, but 5 mins with a hose and Muck-off and you're done. Throw yourself in the direction of the shower or a bath and you're done. Magic.
  • went out yesterday setoff in blazing sun rode about 12 miles on road stoped at my dadss for a drink set off 15 mins later in sunshine got 1/2 mile down road heavens opend got drenced to the skin still rode home loved every second so much that i went out again to day in down poor and did 12 miles off road came back with 1/2" mud all over me what fun