Chain: kmc
Cassette: xt
Pedals: wellgo mg1
Bottom Bracket:slx

Wheels: crossmax st
Tires: s works the captains

Weight:just under 27lbs

Other info:
Bought the bike and swapped the bits over form my old stumpy.

been for a ride and had an ace time, in a blind taste test i don t think i would notice the difference in performance but the newer frame feels shorter and therefore more comfortble.

Comments

• Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    Nice. I know you've only just put it together but Its crying out for a set of FSA K force cranks.

You probably know the ones I'm talkin about.

http://mtb.fullspeedahead.com/fly.aspx?layout=product&taxid=215

They may start to look a bit tatty after a few rides though. They're probably not worth the money either but would look the dogs.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    the bike did come with black cranks and they looked better so i might be tempted at some point in the future to change them for summat else, i like the looks of those new noirs with red decals.................
  • Anonymous
    i ended up with some slx cranks and i just fitted some crossmax st wheels. i am awaiting the arrival of some x0 shifters and i will be fitting an x0 rear mech then it really will be finished.
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Why did you decide to opt for X.O, instead of X7 or X9?

The bike is looking great :D - Have to admit, Spesh frames are rather nice :shock:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Anonymous
    just having had a look, i might go for the x9 instead actually, those xo are super pricey for a weight saving of 30grams!!

i have a set on the enduro at the moment and they are oustanding, much better than the xtr in my opinion.
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    looks the dogs danglies mate, very nice 8)
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Anonymous
    have modified the wheels colour scheme and have fitted my sram running gear instead of the xtr i had on there before. im running some matchmakers too which makes the front end nice and tidy:

3723613901_88c35f8fe4.jpg
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Very nice indeed! :D
  • Anonymous
    cheers, im very happy with the look of the wheels now, i painted the yellow bits black then the white bits red including the coloured spoke.

it rides a million times better with sram on board too.
  • Whytepeak
    What paint did you paint the wheels with, and how sheepsteeth?

whatever you used it seems to have done the job - wheels look ace :D
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • HardrockRob
    HardrockRob Posts: 230
    Very nice. See you have gone for a Thompson inline seat post - just had one delivered to put on my comp.
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw
  • Anonymous
    i used a black paint pen from an art shop and a decent permanet red pen for the white bits.

the rims have machined grooves in them so they acted as guides for the pens and made it easy to be acurate. i decided to use the permanent marker as opposed to actually paint as i could get away with being less careful, it only shows up on the white parts and not on the black.

i wasnt sure if the ink would be ok on the wheels but they look like they will be, i cant scrub the ink off and it is waterproof. the black paint is pretty tough and is a good way to do it as it is so clean and tidy.

i also fidured that even if it isnt that hard wearing, i will be able to touch everything up easy enough, the whole job only took about 15minutes earlier and as i say, i thnk it looks cool.
  • Whytepeak
    Thanks sheepsteeth, I only ask since i'm thinking of doing the same to a v-brake rim, the braking surface looks a bit shoddy in silver - and yes I will be using a disk brake, so I don't need it..

thanks for the tip - I'll have to keep a look out for these 'paint pens'.
  • Whytepeak
    Thanks sheepsteeth, I only ask since i'm thinking of doing the same to a v-brake rim, the braking surface looks a bit shoddy in silver - and yes I will be using a disk brake, so I don't need it..

thanks for the tip - I'll have to keep a look out for these 'paint pens'.
  • Anonymous
    close up of one of the wheels:

3723874393_08b5d84b8b_b.jpg
  • Whytepeak
    Sorry - double post :x

Quality wheel though, even the spoke :lol:

I'm going out to get a new cassette tomorrow, so hopefully i'll be able to find a paint marker, though I doubt the results will be as neat as yours. :roll: :lol:
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Lking it...and I for one appreciate attention to aesthetic details, no one can argue with your over all build quality either. Noice waaaaaaaaaan. :D
  • Anonymous
    Stoo61 wrote:
    Lking it...and I for one appreciate attention to aesthetic details, no one can argue with your over all build quality either. Noice waaaaaaaaaan. :D

thanks. i know the nif naff and trivia colour coding bits shouldnt matter but i dont think i have gone over board and i think it looks subtle enough, especially compared to the bright white and yellow decals which painted on the rims in the first place. if they hadnt been painted on i would have just removed the stickers as it is my usual habit.
  • Stoo61
    Aye my decals have started to bubble n the like so theyre all getting pulled off, probably just leave the Ritchey ones....unless they eventually look guff with the colour coding.

It broke my heart to put my old RED :shock: Fire XC Pro tyres on the Boardman today, but hey im skint and needed the extra grip. I have big plans....that include those bars. What do you think of the rise? Is it enough...I'm still not sure if they are the same as my Ritchey Comps but just in carbon or whether they are lower..... :roll:
  • Anonymous
    they are virtually flat to be honest, must be half inch or so rise but i really like them. they are absolutely rock solid too, but still manage to reduce some trail buzz into your hands when compared to the alu ones i had fitted previously.

my regular sized fsa ones feel flexy when im pulling hard up hill.

oh yeah, they look amazing too.
  • Stoo61
    Hmmm....perhaps you have the low rise...pretty sure its flat, low rise and riser....just to confuse us mere mortals.
  • Anonymous
    yeah, mine is definately the low rise. i know bars are all about how the shape feels but i love the way the shape looks.
  • Stoo61
    £64 at Merlin for the Rizer so im sold on that once I get the moolah...Wet Black WCS stem first I think...WCS Ergo Lock On grips...aw jeez, im going to be skint forever.
  • Anonymous
    it is a disease eh.

there are fa worse things you could be doing with your money!!
  • owen908
    owen908 Posts: 170
    Nice bike sheepsteeth. Have you used muc off bike spray on that bike yet? It will make the black look really deep and glossy. I know because i use it on mine and black seems to be a really bad colour for scratches etc,
  • HardrockRob
    Hi. Just out of interest, what size bike/stem length you running?

My Stump is a large, with the 105mm stem. Thinking of going a bit shorter, to say 90, but not sure if it would make the steering a bit twitchy. What do you reckon?
  • Anonymous
    im running a 90mm thomson and it is a massive improvement over the massive spesh one.
  • HardrockRob
    That is what I wanted you to say... 8)

Is it an easy job swapping the stem over? (sorry, completely useless at the mechanics side of things...was at my limit swapping over to my Thompson seat post!

Just out of interest why did you swap over brakes to Juicy 7's?
  • Anonymous
    tis a very easy job, will tae about 5 minutes including boiling the kettle! you will need a new top cap though as the one which comes with the bike only works with that adjustable stem.

i swapped to the 7s as i like them and they were on the old bike from which i built this one. i dontknow much about the elixirs so decided to stick with what i know.
  • gcwebbyuk
    gcwebbyuk Posts: 1,926
    v.nice :)

Am toying with the idea of getting an FSR stumpy and swapping the bits over from my HT.

8)