How good is SRAM Force Group Set?

miurasv
miurasv Posts: 345
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
I'm interested in buying a bike that has SRAM Force group set. I read some mixed reviews on a review web site and wondered if I should give Force a miss and get a Campagnolo or Shimano equipped bike? Also, how does Force compare with Ultegra and Chorus? Are these the group sets it's supposed to compete with? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Comments

• COVEC
    COVEC Posts: 213
    All the SRAM groupsets get very good write ups, I am currently on an old Rival set-up and it works flawlessly.
    You should wait a bit though as the 2010 Force Groupset has recently been announced and is expected to be available very soon(it comes in under 2Kg).

COVEC
  • miurasv
    miurasv Posts: 345
    edited May 2009
    COVEC wrote:
    All the SRAM groupsets get very good write ups, I am currently on an old Rival set-up and it works flawlessly.
    You should wait a bit though as the 2010 Force Groupset has recently been announced and is expected to be available very soon(it comes in under 2Kg).

COVEC

Thanks, Covec. This Force is on an already built 2008 model bike that is being sold at a good price so will be 2008 SRAM Force.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Go for it! Great stuff.