Cyclingnews, get a proofreader!

afx237vi
afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited May 2009 in Pro race
On second thoughts, don't, because thismade me ROFL:

"Eddy Merckx and Stephan Roche are the only two riders to win cycling's tripe crown"

Jeez, you win the Giro, the Tour and the Worlds all in one season and all you get in return is a stinkin' hat made of meat.

Comments

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,812
    I know! The Etape du Dales article in the new Procyling was so awful too, the pages were out of order, I found I couldn't actually read the article.

Ever since Procycling bought cyclingnews, both seem to have gone down hill. I have actually considered cancelling my subscription.
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    I keep on seeing mistakes with the use of affect and effect which is a basic error, as is putting names in correctly which I've seen often enough now.
  • Tootler
    Tootler Posts: 53
    They are all littered with mistakes but some are worse than others.
    Here's my ranking of the worst offenders -

First (and outright winner) - The comic.
    There are simply too many mistakes to mention, but my particular favourites are to do with numbers. As a typical example, take an article about a climb - length of climb 1200m, height gain 120m, 13% average gradient.

Second - Cycling Plus
    Again, number mistakes are regular. Take this months issue - check the page numbers of the articles on the front cover - couldn't anybody be bothered to check?
    And then there's the campag, sram, shimano article - apparently shimano takes 1.88secs to change gear and the other two change in only 0.8secs.
    Halfwits.

Third - ProCycling
    The pages, as mentioned above.

Fourth - Cycle Sport.
    Not that many of note.

If cycling weekly readers had difficulty understanding the above, I will rewrite it for their benefit..........

There all littered with miss takes but some are worse than other.
    Heres my ranking of the worse offenders -

First (and outright winner) - The comic.
    They are simply two many miss takes to mention, but my particularly favourites are to do with numbers. As a typical example, take an article about a climb - length of climb 1200m, height gain 120m, 13% average gradient.

Second - Cycling Plus
    Again, number miss takes are regular. Take this months issues - check the page numbers of the article on front cover - couldnt any body be be bothered to check.
    And then theres the campag, sram, shimano article - apparently shimano takes 1.88secs to change gear and the other too change in only 0.8secs.
    Halfwits.

Three - ProCycling
    The pages, as mentioned above.

Forth - Cycle Sport.
    Not that many of note.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    leguape wrote:
    I keep on seeing mistakes with the use of affect and effect which is a basic error, as is putting names in correctly which I've seen often enough now.

Don't you mean putting names in incorrectly?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Timoid. wrote:
    leguape wrote:

Yes. rule one of pointing out typos: introduce a new error ;)
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    leguape wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    leguape wrote:

Yes. rule one of pointing out typos: introduce a new error ;)

Sorry. Just being a bollix.

Have you ever considered a career with cycling weekly?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • jon208
    jon208 Posts: 335
    It's not just them, Reuters seem unable to spell "Peloton"..... :roll: