Comments

• deadliest
    deadliest Posts: 471
    She is lovely . . . Whats her name ?
    Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/
  • kopite1979
    kopite1979 Posts: 443
    whats with the bell? i think mine was off before i even got it out of the car :lol:
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • 3110neil
    3110neil Posts: 303
    sh-t forgot all about the bell ,Will be changing in the future ,just wanted to make sure that id still like mtb ,and i love it .Iknow its not like the other bikes on theis site ,but it does me and having great fun with my son .At 42 wife wouldnt let me spend alot incase it was just a fad (like the golf clubs i got ).
  • take off the bloody bell!! lol, and there better not be reflectors on those wheels! :lol:
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • dunker
    dunker Posts: 1,503
    nothing wrong with the bell if you're doing cycle paths or bridle ways i reckon, dingding :)
  • jamesst
    jamesst Posts: 322
    Buy a horn to go on the opposite side of the bars honk honk :wink: nice bike buddy...
  • 3110neil
    Hi Guys
    Taken bell off ,and no there are no reflectors on the wheels,
    I only payed £319 new from evans .changed the forks to toros 318 u-turn09 with poplock,new lizard skins peaty lock on,new easton e30 mid rise bars ,gusssit slim jim pedals ,180 rotor on front ,good bike for the money has avid juicey 3 brakes .
    and a good frame ,worthy of the upgrades
  • nby
    nby Posts: 62
    great spec for the price mateI nearly bought one myself when they were £380 a few months back, the original shocks were dart 2's iirc? how much did the tora's set you back if you dont mind me asking?

and as you say the frame is definitely worthy of fitting upgrades :D
    fury 'n' i
  • 3110neil
    Hi nby
    No really good bike shops where i live ,so found a shop in york about 60 miles from where i live ,they cost £140 and he fitted them for that price aswell ,he allso gave the son 13yr old some 661 gloves .Great bunch of lads ,they allso ride ,and look after you
  • mjbb
    mjbb Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    hi i've got the 2008 cannondale F6 but with just v-brakes :(

but i've just been adding new parts, i've replaced the bb to a hope steel external bb and upgraded the crank to a raceface evo xc. and got a wheel set there bikehut ones yes i know but i get better ones than what were on it and was all i could afford at the time after i bent the rear wheel that came with the bike. plus the have mounts of disc on them and i just ordered a set of magura louise bat disc brakes. so the bike is slowly shaping up :)

it's my first bike after 10 years of not having one and i'm slowly getting back into mtb and a lot has changed since then. and i still have the mbuk dirt video i got free with the mag lying about somewhere lol

the magura's are fitted now and i just replaced the dart 2 fork with a set of recon race forks and but in a hope step down head set and yes it does fit on a cannondale and fitted an all sram X9 drivetrain. but since doing 4 of the 7 7stanes centre's last oct i'm wanting to get a full suser the hard tail was just loosing too much speed but i did still have the dart 2's on it then so i'll see how things go with the new fork.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41383516@N ... 7369053437
  • 3110neil
    hi
    Ive now upgraded the shifters to xt,and deora xt rear mech ,just the crankset to go and im done ,
    ill update the photos
    cheers
  • ed_arnold
    ed_arnold Posts: 65
    Very nice! I have an F6 in the Lightening White finish. Steadily replaced lots of bits: Hope headset, Rockshox Recon Race forks, Avid Elixir 5s, drivetrain to deore, Wellgo MG1s, Mavic Crossride wheelset.
    Just need to shorten the stem a bit now and I reckon I'll be done. Losing some of the weight off it makes all the difference.

Honestly think this is a superb bike after the tweaks - 'rapid' is the best term I can think of!
  • ed_arnold
    ed_arnold Posts: 65
    311Oneil I've just realised we've already talked about our bikes in one of my posts when I was doing the headset! :lol: