Carrera TT...?

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys,

JUst looked at the snippet on the home page about the new additions to Halfords range, and thought the Carrera TT looked quite good for the money!
Can anyone shed anymore light on this bike, with regard to spec, value, etc...?
Would the frame be up to upgrading in the future, or should I just spend more money now?
Just seems like a good starter TTer, for the price. If I don't take to TTing, then it's not too great a loss.
What are the thoughts of the forum?

Paul
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Didn't even know there was a Carrera TT bike. Can't find it on the Halfords site, what price was it out of interest and did you get the spec?
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    We got one in Halfords in Weston-s-Mare, I'll make a note to jott down the spec of it tomorrow for you :)
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Gav,

This was taken off the home page of this site, there's a photo, too, if you check it out...

:wink:

Road bikes
    On the road side of things, the new Carrera Virago TT is said to be perfect for time trial racing and comes in under £1,000. It has a low-profile carbon fibre monocoque frame, seatpost and fork, Vision handlebar and aero bar, 20-speed SRAM Rival gearing and Alex DA28 aero wheels.

Paul
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    looks very similer to raleighs carbon tt bike with all the cables going through the head tube