Just got Contact Lenses so which Cycling Sunglasses ???

Gav2000
Gav2000 Posts: 408
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
I've not worn contact lenses for a few years because I get dry eyes which get very itchy. However, I'm trialling some new daily disposable lenses which seem to be more comfortable and aren't making my eyes sore. This is good news as it looks like I'll be able to ride in contacts rather than my glasses from this weekend!!!

It also means I may need some cycling sunglasses to keep the sun, insects and some of the wind out out my eyes. I don't want to spend to much on them as I may sit on them or drop them so can anyone recommend some good value cycling sunnies to me?

Thanks,

Gav.
Gav2000

Like a streak of lightnin' flashin' cross the sky,
Like the swiftest arrow whizzin' from a bow,
Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly.
You'll hear about him ever'where you go.

Comments

• jon208
    jon208 Posts: 335
    Just make sure you always take a spare with you. Managed to blow one clean out of my eye last night while sprinting for the line and had to complete the last 50m with greatly reduced visual acuity! :shock:
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    I used to suffer badly with dry eyes from contacts until I tried the super soft lenses from Spec savers.
    I never have to use comfort drops anymore and I wear them daily for 12-16 hours with no issues.
    Whats the glasses budget?
    Personally I find Oakley the best as they are crystal clear, near perfect fit and don't mist up the down side is the cost.
  • Aldi. 3 differnet lenses. £2.49. I pushed the boat out...and bought two pairs.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    tifosi

I use the pave ones IIRC or possibly the gavia.
  • ziggy.mcd
    ziggy.mcd Posts: 66
    Contact wearer myself, I bought some safety glasses from Bolle they wrap around pretty well and have good lenses, £6 to £7 + vat, other styles available for similar money.

3517669023_1dedf8f079.jpg

3518479708_0c022b0ff4.jpg
  • I recently bought some contact lenses, and i bought endura spectrum glasses after reading the BR reviews. They are great and have had no problems so far, they are only £13 off of CRC.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=26714
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper