My Maxlight XC

Dirtydog11
Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
3 years and still not finished.

3531658756_96f4cbe187.jpg3531659230_a411423b1b.jpg3530844433_0ddbf413d6.jpg

I thought it was about time I showed off my bike. Opinions please. Weight as pictured around 25.5 pounds. See Sig for more photos. Cost eerrrr.........whatever! I gave up caring a long time ago.

Comments

• Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Mate, no-one's bike is ever really finished...

It's only 'got all the bits'. There's always stuff to upgrade! :wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • JK in the UK
    JK in the UK Posts: 132
    Wow! Mate, I love it. Be very grateful I don't know where you live! That's exactly the sort of thing I want to be building up...
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Nice bike but I'm a little confuddled.

Maxxis Minions in ST compound on the front of a 120mm travel XC bike, surely that's kinda missing the point?

The rest of the bike must be bloody light to get it down to 25.5lbs with those buggers on there
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    ^^ true, it looks a lot lighter than it actually is!
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    edited May 2009
    Maxxis Minions in ST compound on the front of a 120mm travel XC bike, surely that's kinda missing the point?

LOL. I knew someone would bring that up.

I've tried quite a few of XC/Trail tyres (mainly Continentals)but nothing comes close for out an out grip as the ST Minion(front). I run single ply's ( Highroller on the back) with Conti MTB 26 light tubes (250g a pair) so they're not that much heavier than say a pair 2.3 Conti's with standard tubes.

Yes they do drag a bit but I don't race, I ride trails and they really come into their own on the downs(Ask Sam Hill). I have total confidence in them especially on wet rock.

If I was ever planning on racing and I'm not (although I'm thinking about doing a round of the Merida Marathon) then I'd just swap out the wheels and tyres.

P.S its only 100mm

Thanks for the comments guys.
  • nice fiets man - Yes michael - buuuwuuu buuuuwuuu buuuwuuu buuuuwuuu :twisted:
    Focus Blackhills with a few bits :]
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    Mate, no-one's bike is ever really finished...

It's only 'got all the bits'. There's always stuff to upgrade! :wink:

Don't let my Mrs here that!!