http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves20 ... rimpe.html

Comments

• don key
    don key Posts: 494
    Lanstration please.
  • liversedge
    liversedge Posts: 1,003
    Google Translate...

Double Olympic pursuit champion, Bradley Wiggins has always shone on the road with its qualities of roller. Already winner of the prologue of the Dauphiné Libéré (2007) or steps against the clock as the Three Days of the Panne (2008), British Garmin reveals the world's talent as a climber in the Giro. Thursday in the neck of the Alpe di Siusi, the roller 1, 90m succeeded won the 22nd place, albeit at 1'47''by Denis Menchov, but ahead of Damiano Cunego and Lance Armstrong. A performance that raised hopes for the Tour de France.

"Wednesday I continued my progression in the remaining climbing with the leaders until the last kilometer. This seemed strange because there is a month, I battle on the cobblestones, "says Wiggins on the Garmin website. Wednesday, it's as if I was in the Lord of the Rings on a mission to the mountain Sodor. (Thursday), I wanted to see what I could do in a pass. "In a team that has made anti-doping message facade, his team managers seem surprised by his performance.
    "This is the first year Wiggo focuses 100% on the road," says Matt White. In laying the track, he really has lost weight and it is testing its limits. "According to sports director Lionel Marie, a roller lost six to seven kilos since last year (71 kg on the balance). "He announced that his goal was to be present with Vande Velde in the high mountains in July, took Matt White. He proved that it will be an invaluable asset (on the Tour de France. "
    --
    Obsessed is just a word elephants use to describe the dedicated. http://markliversedge.blogspot.com
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    "Life support system for a bad haircut loses a lot of weight and can climb. Hopes to support VDV in Tour. If he's there"

:wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    What a great advertisement for Garmin ....

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/5284649

...seems Bradley would have done really well if he hadn't spend almost half the time stopped :?
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?
  • JohnWilky
    JohnWilky Posts: 63
    The cheating focker, he only did 27 miles of the 120 mile stage....... no wonder he was going well!! :lol::D:D :shock:
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    79.8 mph :shock: :shock: F'in'el !!!!!
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Doh! helped me make my decision though SRM head or cheaper Garmin let me think now......
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    markwalker wrote:
    Doh! helped me make my decision though SRM head or cheaper Garmin let me think now......

for some reason my Garmin occasionally records strange readings. eg HR 256 and speed 87mph. bit disappointing really... i imagine they may take stranger readings in a peleton full of electronic devices....
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    camerone wrote:
    markwalker wrote:

for some reason my Garmin occasionally records strange readings. eg HR 256 and speed 87mph. bit disappointing really... i imagine they may take stranger readings in a peloton full of electronic devices....
    I had max speed of 660 mph last year in marmotte :D
    you just ignore the blips.
    i did hit 63 on one decent which was probably correct but to hit 87 would have to be on a very straight, very steep grade behind a car so suspect its a blip
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    camerone wrote:
    markwalker wrote:

for some reason my Garmin occasionally records strange readings. eg HR 256 and speed 87mph. bit disappointing really... i imagine they may take stranger readings in a peloton full of electronic devices....
    I had max speed of 660 mph last year in marmotte :D
    you just ignore the blips.
    i did hit 63 on one decent which was probably correct but to hit 87 would have to be on a very straight, very steep grade behind a car so suspect its a blip

deffo a blip. it was on Mucklow Hill in Halesowen which is 40-42 tops now there is a roundabout in the middle of it. i am hoping HR 256 was blip too!!!!
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    I once had my polar HRM measure my HR at 374 bpm on a climb (under some electricity cables). I think my HR training zones are a touch out?
  • LA said on his twitter that it was "crazy" yesterday and he went over 70mph!

(that was stage 4 though wasn't it?)
    http://www.KOWONO.com - Design-Led home furniture and accessories.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pic on my blog from Paris Roubaix -
    Crikey!

WIGGINS+5.jpg
  • I actually just went on your blog to see who that was!

That's not the same person, surely!

:shock:
    http://www.KOWONO.com - Design-Led home furniture and accessories.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    Is that Wiggo?! Surely that pic has been messed with? :shock: He looks malnutritioned rather than lean. I've not seen legs like that outside of famine reporting. Seriously, whats the deal with that Napoleon?
  • Anonymous
    He's lost weight! Picture not doctored...

It looks particularly bad in that position and the mud makes it look worse IMO, here are a couple more from P-R

PIC20455761.jpg

WIGGINS+4.jpg
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    Hm yeh, that mud makes it look like there's a hollow next to his shinbone. Doesn't look as bad from other angles although those knee joints don't look too healthy. Must get freezing on a cold race like Rouxbaix. His arms looka bit chubby, he could lose some weight from there! :wink:
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    just reading Wiggins dietician saying in May 2006 "“We aim to get Bradley to the Tour very lean, around 75 to 76kg. The goal is to come out of the Tour at roughly the same weight he went in. If he comes out only a kilo lighter, that'd be a good job.” "
    Brad is now 71kg according to himself...and it looks it

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/Six ... 85740.html
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    71 was Armstrong's ideal racing weight in the Tour when he was in his prime.

BW sure look skeletal though, like Bobby Julich. No wonder bones get broken when they fall, there's no padding.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Can I be the first person to coin the nickname "The Eagle of Chorley"
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Didn't he grow up in West London?

The Storkof Acton?
  • leguape
    leguape Posts: 986
    Kléber wrote:
    Didn't he grow up in West London?

The Storkof Acton?

The Condor of Camden as he grew up round Maida Vale.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    71kg is the same as me. How tall is he? I'm 6' 2" and yeah i'm skinny but not that bad!!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Anonymous
    He's 6'3.