Tire: Maxxis High Roller ST 2.35

Back Wheel: Sun Single Track
Rim: Sun Single Track
Spokes: Black
Hub: Shimano Deore
Tube: Halfrauds
Tire: Maxxis Advantage 2.1

Weight: At A Guess 36lbs

Other info: Not much compared to the bikes on here :lol: but i like it, manages the uphills fine and is lovely on the downhills, i just enjoy riding it 8)

any comments appreciated ... apart from the usual : needs a new bike :roll:
On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders

Comments

• nby
    nby Posts: 62
    nice bit of kit mate, good value also! never had a full suss myself

welcome to the carrera club :wink:
    fury 'n' i
  • fourcrossjohn
    fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
    i'm getting my banshee x soon, ut ure tyre pedal clearance dosnt look that big looks almost as if u wer pedaling on a corner u'd catch ure leading foot :S

and is that the 19''

brillliant steed i must say
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    nby wrote:
    nice bit of kit mate, good value also! never had a full suss myself

welcome to the carrera club :wink:

definelty good value, had the wheels and tyres from a previous bike, been wanting to upgrade the fork but it works so damn well im having second thoughs :shock: i thought suntours where meant to be crap :shock:
    i'm getting my banshee x soon, ut ure tyre pedal clearance dosnt look that big looks almost as if u wer pedaling on a corner u'd catch ure leading foot :S

and is that the 19''

brillliant steed i must say

its not that bad looks quite bad from the photo but it is leaning a fair amount, only clipped the pedal twice in around 4 months of owning it and that was when i was really thrashing her :twisted:

its the 19.5" odd size, im 6 ft 4 so fits me just about right and still feels nice underneath me 8)

cheers for the comments

• nby
    definelty good value, had the wheels and tyres from a previous bike, been wanting to upgrade the fork but it works so damn well im having second thoughs :shock: i thought suntours where meant to be crap :shock:

yeah I had the choice of the banshee or fury and opted for the fury purely for the fact its a hardtail and jumping from a rigid tesco bike to a full susser was a too bigger gap for me! :lol:

Put it this way I didnt realise they had 3 different variaties of banshee until I just this minute looked on the website :lol: shows how well up on bikes I am !
    fury 'n' i
  • fourcrossjohn
    3 varietes theres only 2 the banshee and banshee x?

i'm getting the 19.5 and i'm 6 1'' but i always prefer bigger frames i find them to be more forgiving but easier to thrash
  • stevet1992
    nby wrote:

yeah I had the choice of the banshee or fury and opted for the fury purely for the fact its a hardtail and jumping from a rigid tesco bike to a full susser was a too bigger gap for me! :lol:

Put it this way I didnt realise they had 3 different variaties of banshee until I just this minute looked on the website :lol: shows how well up on bikes I am !

:lol: i did want to wait till i had enough for the banshee x but time got the better of me and i wanted it straight away :twisted: , and it was £220 cheaper then the banshee x, which goes nicely to gettting a lighter more XC/AM fork

• nby
    edited May 2009

i'm getting the 19.5 and i'm 6 1'' but i always prefer bigger frames i find them to be more forgiving but easier to thrash

the website shows 4 bikes, 3 different specs (look at forks) and 3 different prices unless im going bad? the cheapest is possibly a 2007 spec ..

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... &langId=-1

yeah the saving can be put straight into a uprated fork as you've already got the sun singletrack rims from the banshee x 8)
    fury 'n' i
  • fourcrossjohn
    i have the oney now to get a normal banshee but i'm waiting till my pay comes through then getting the x, the zocchi 55r is worth the better half of 500 quid so paying that 200sumin for all the extra upgrades is well worth it
  • fourcrossjohn
    the new banshee x comes with mavic rims cant remember what ones and o yeah its all to do with rear shock, silly me :oops:
  • stevet1992
    nby wrote:

the website shows 4 bikes, 3 different specs (look at forks) and 3 different prices unless im going bad? the cheapest is possibly a 2007 spec ..

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... &langId=-1

yeah the saving can be put straight into a uprated fork as you've already got the sun singletrack rims from the banshee x 8)
    your right the cheapest is an 07 spec bike, lacked hydro brakes and had a coil rear shock, and i had the chance to buy my bike as the display one further saving £30

i was going to get the x but then started hearing rumours about how marzocchi's quality has been slipping and i didnt want to risk it :roll:

saving up now for the upgraded fork ... being at 6th form means i dont earn that much :( looking at a float RLC or a nice set of revo's

• clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    no, theres also a banshee xxx with domain forks, avid code 5's and van rear shock. i think. thats 999 quid. really good value.

then the banshee x

and then the banshee

someone is doing a ride from land end to john o groats on a banshee x. i gave it a final check over today for him. road tyres fitted, locked out suspension, but its still gunna be a beast to lug around on the road.

i quite like the banshees. the frame is based/the same as the old stinky frame when it was a 6inch bike.
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • Lt_bob
    Lt_bob Posts: 3
    Check the rear linkage regularly, my banshee X shock itself the pieces at Afan so I went and brought a Specialized.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    clarkson wrote:
    no, theres also a banshee xxx with domain forks, avid code 5's and van rear shock. i think. thats 999 quid. really good value.
    No there isn't!!!!

EDIT: just googled it and found a review on bikeradar but there's nowhere selling them, and no word about them on halfrauds....
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499

obviously didnt check halfords!