Di Luca claims he's in such good shape he can win ANY race!

donrhummy
donrhummy Posts: 2,329
edited May 2009 in Pro race
Wow. Granted, he's looking damn good now but that's quite a claim. he's going to be a marked man even more now than previously. no one wants to lose to a guy who declared he could beat you.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /may14news
"I have the condition I had when I won the Giro d'Italia in 2007," he warned. "With how I feel, let me repeat, I can win whatever bike race."

Comments

• Unsheath
    Unsheath Posts: 49
    Must have just taken his top up shot pre interview.

Tough words from a tarnished rider. Next.....
  • markwalker
    markwalker Posts: 953
    Unsheath wrote:
    Must have just taken his top up shot pre interview.

Tough words from a tarnished rider. Next.....

Almost every rider in the peleoton is "tarnished" to some extent either by proven guilt, implication or simple association.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I'd say DiLuca is more than tarnished - Dr Santuccione's no.1 client as CFA would say.

Given his stage wins and pink jersey, he's been cut a remarkable amount of slack on here. Odd, given that we're supposed to have it in for the dirty euro-dopers...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I cut them no slack. Indeed I've been picking Di Luca for my PTP points as if you're ever in doubt on who to pick for the game, always opt for the dirtiest rider possible, they have a briefcase full of tricks.

The whole team is suspect. Petacchi was busted for salbutamol use, he claimed to be asthmatic but the doping control revealed a dosage more suited to a wheezing elephant, which makes me more inclined to think he was instead injecting it or using it as a masking agent.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    have a :lol: for that Kleber